Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bed map weird

Posted by ShreddinPB 
bed map weird
March 09, 2019 07:55PM
Hey guys, I am running my auto bed mesh on a duet Wifi and it comes up looking like this screen shot.. what could be the issue here?
Ran a test of z probe by running 6 times, and got a variance of .008
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot 2019-03-09 16.20.00.png (145.6 KB)
Re: bed map weird
March 10, 2019 04:22AM
The height of the nozzle is varying depending on whether the belt is pulling the print carriage in the +X or -X direction. Perhaps you have a loose bearing that allows the print carriage to tilt slightly when it is pulled one way, and the tilt is reversed when it is pulled the other way.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 11, 2019 11:05PM
Thanks for the reply. My belt tensioner for the X axis was not all the way tight (the mounting bolt, not the tension of the X belt itself). I fixed that, and made sure everything else was tight, and I still get some variation.
[www.thingiverse.com]

I am also seeing some large dips on the edge there and the bed is very flat, its one of these.
[uedata.amazon.com]

Thanks for your help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 01:29AM by ShreddinPB.
March 12, 2019 03:54AM
You still have slight ridges and valleys in the X directions, indicating that you haven't completely eliminated the tilting of the print head or whatever else is causing the Z probe height to depend on the direction the the carriage was most recently pulled in.

It also looks like you have a dip in the bed running in the Y direction, unless that is an artefact of your Z probe. What type of Z probe is it?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 12, 2019 01:49PM
dc42
You still have slight ridges and valleys in the X directions, indicating that you haven't completely eliminated the tilting of the print head or whatever else is causing the Z probe height to depend on the direction the the carriage was most recently pulled in.

It also looks like you have a dip in the bed running in the Y direction, unless that is an artefact of your Z probe. What type of Z probe is it?

Its an official BLTouch, I can run a repeatability on it tonight, but I have run it in this setup and it was very good.
I can try to tighten the X carriage a bit more. I cant get it to budg trying to rotate it with my hands tho.

I am trying to get it running well enough to upgrade to dual MGN12H linear rails for the bed.. and now I think I should add an MGN12h to the X axis also.
March 12, 2019 11:51PM
So, I tried to run my own repeatability test (I dont think reprap firmware supports M48 )
I just ran this 10 times in a macro

G0 Z10
G30 S-1

Here are the results. Something weird tho, my macro runs that 10 times, but I get a random number of call backs in the console, ran it 4 times here so there should be 40 results, instead I see 2 for the first two runs and 5 for the next two.. something I have set wrong?

March 18, 2019 09:12PM
I can not get rid of the little ridges in the bed map, I completely disassembled the X and rebuilt.just did not remove the 2020. It is much smaller now, but still there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login