Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tevo Tornado Temperature to high

Posted by Willbill 
Tevo Tornado Temperature to high
March 27, 2019 12:06PM
I recently replaced the heating cartridge in my Tevo Tornado with a 24v heating cartridge and now when i try heating it the temperature jumps to at least 40 degrees above what I set it. Then throughout the print the temperature will fluctuate at least ten degrees any ideas?
Re: Tevo Tornado Temperature to high
March 27, 2019 02:18PM
Willbill
I recently replaced the heating cartridge in my Tevo Tornado with a 24v heating cartridge and now when i try heating it the temperature jumps to at least 40 degrees above what I set it. Then throughout the print the temperature will fluctuate at least ten degrees any ideas?

The stock Tornado is a 12C system. You need to use a 12V heater unless you have converted over to a 24V system.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
March 27, 2019 02:21PM
if its twelve volts and the temperature is going high with a 24v heater then wouldn't it go even hotter with a 12v heater
March 27, 2019 02:33PM
everything i can find says it is 24v i could be wrong though
April 05, 2019 02:31PM
In any case if you change anything in your heating system (thermistor or heating cartridge) it is probably a good idea to redo your PID tuning.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login