Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lines on 3D print every couple of mm

Posted by Cosmic52 
Lines on 3D print every couple of mm
May 13, 2019 09:38AM
I have been having this problem and I am unable to figure out what is causing it and was hoping someone could help me.

As you can see in the images below every couple of mm there seems to be some lines that appear on the part that is being printed. I am unable to figure out what is causing this (Mostly I think it is a hardware problem but has anyone had a similar issue).

Any help would be appreciated

Re: Lines on 3D print every couple of mm
May 13, 2019 11:22AM
Looks like a case of ringing.

Could you check the description? It has to do with mechanical parts but can be improved by firmware/slicer settings.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
May 13, 2019 04:21PM
To be clear, I am talking about these horizontal lines
May 13, 2019 08:44PM
On my 3D Printer This happens when the Z-Axis Lead-screw couplers do not spin true.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
May 14, 2019 04:28AM
Ah, that could be due to the leadscrew not being straight as Roberts_Clif said. That might be one of the causes. If the height of the lines corresponds with one full turn of the screw it's probably because the screw isn't straight or it isn't connected dead center on the stepper driver.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
May 16, 2019 11:41AM
I was getting an identical pattern which is all but eliminated now I replaced my Z axis screws which were 8mm threaded rod with ACME lead screws and replacing the two linear bearings with 4 igus bushes. Hoping to get the last few imperfections out by fitting bearings to the top of the screws.
May 16, 2019 03:40PM
Hopefully that fixes it for you. In my case my Z axis is actually a 12mm Ballscrew.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login