Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem nema23 tb6600 Marlin

Posted by furkannr 
Problem nema23 tb6600 Marlin
June 28, 2019 04:53AM
Hi, guys I have a problem. When i try to print 20x20 calibration cube, about 45 degree slope occurs. Im using nema 23 motors and tb6600 stepper. The problem seems like the engines lose steps. Has anyone had similar problems? do you have any suggestion?

I share the images.

[i.hizliresim.com]
[i.hizliresim.com]

Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2019 05:43AM by furkannr.
Re: Problem tb6600 Marlin
June 28, 2019 05:01AM
Hi, the images don't work. Could you upload them somewhere else?

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Re: Problem tb6600 Marlin
June 28, 2019 05:48AM
tb6600 are notoriously crap... skipped steps, badly flawed design....

put a simple paper arrow on the stepper shaft (no other load), move a distance forward then back... If it doesn't finish where it started... you have crappy stepper drivers
Re: Problem nema23 tb6600 Marlin
June 28, 2019 06:15AM
I don't use Marlin. But whatever the firmware, when using external drivers you need to make sure that the minimum step pulse length, step pulse interval, direction setup time and direction hold time of the driver are satisfied by the firmware. In RepRapFirmware these 4 parameters are set individually in the config.g file on the SD card. In Marlin I expect you need to adjust them in one of the header files and rebuild the firmware.

If you set the step pulse width or interval too low, you will get lots of missed steps. If you set the setup or hold time too low, you may get a missed step on every direction change.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
VDX
June 28, 2019 10:37AM
... there are many drivers, which needs at least 2 microseconds pulse-length ... with the ArduinoDue and Marlin without modifications the pulse length is below 1 microsecond ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
July 01, 2019 02:04AM
Marlin bugfix-2.0.x supports a variety of stepper drivers, including the TB6600. If you've already set the STEPPER_DRIVER_TYPE for your axes to "TB6600" then you might also try "DRV8825" which sets a 2µs pulse length. Keep your accelerations low as you get into testing, and see if you can find a range of stepper pulse durations and accelerations where you get no layer shifting. Don't forget to do M500, M502 after re-flashing.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can manually override the stepper-driver-based pulse durations in the Configuration_adv.h file.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2019 02:07AM by Thinkyhead.

|
| Lead Developer of Marlin Firmware
| Help support my work at Patreon and Elsewhere.
|
July 01, 2019 02:42AM
Thinkyhead
Marlin bugfix-2.0.x supports a variety of stepper drivers, including the TB6600. If you've already set the STEPPER_DRIVER_TYPE for your axes to "TB6600" then you might also try "DRV8825" which sets a 2µs pulse length. Keep your accelerations low as you get into testing, and see if you can find a range of stepper pulse durations and accelerations where you get no layer shifting. Don't forget to do M500, M502 after re-flashing.

If that doesn't do the trick, you can manually override the stepper-driver-based pulse durations in the Configuration_adv.h file.

Thank you for your suggestion i’ll try and return later.
February 02, 2020 09:42AM
Sorry for the intrusion,

Have you had any good results? I'm going to start a project where I'll be using nema 23 on a ramps 1.4 and marlin firmware, I'm reading about this problem with the impulse length and I was wondering if you found any definitive solution.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login