Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Support displacement

Posted by vladoff 
Support displacement
August 21, 2019 10:24AM
Hi to every one,

I am having a problem when I print with dual heads. The support that is printed by one of them is built not in right place but 2 mm shifted that caused overlap the layers of the main object.

Can someone suggest any solution

Thank you in advance
Re: Support displacement
August 21, 2019 12:20PM
You need to adjust the tool offsets. Depending on what firmware you use, this may be an adjustment to the firmware configuration file (which for some firmwares is just a text file held on the SD card), or you may have to adjust it in the slicer.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 21, 2019 02:51PM
Thank you for your suggestion.
I am using Simplify3d and I have not seen such an option. As for the firmware, I am not familiar with it. It is about German Reprap X400.
I thought the calibration was done by the supplier. I was trying dual heads printing for the first time.
I noticed when I select one or another head in the machine control panel, they moved to zero position,
but the zero position of the one head was displaced 2 mm aside from the zero of the other head. (sorry for my English)
August 22, 2019 01:46AM
vladoff
Thank you for your suggestion.
I am using Simplify3d and I have not seen such an option. As for the firmware, I am not familiar with it. It is about German Reprap X400.
I thought the calibration was done by the supplier. I was trying dual heads printing for the first time.
I noticed when I select one or another head in the machine control panel, they moved to zero position,
but the zero position of the one head was displaced 2 mm aside from the zero of the other head. (sorry for my English)

Actually, Simplify3D does have tool offsets. Look in the "g-code" tab. I think that its better to set it up in the firmware though, less likely to forget it.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
August 22, 2019 03:50PM
dlc60

Actually, Simplify3D does have tool offsets. Look in the "g-code" tab. I think that its better to set it up in the firmware though, less likely to forget it.

DLC

Many thanks!!
It works!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login