Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

endstop y axis

Posted by Jagtech 
endstop y axis
September 17, 2019 09:48AM
I have been battling a problem with this printer and now I discovered that the y end stop is triggered all the time even when it is unplugged from the board a mks gen l board does that mean a new board is in order to fix?
VDX
Re: endstop y axis
September 17, 2019 10:06AM
... maybe only the pins (or signal level) wrong set in firmware?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 17, 2019 11:45AM
Hello;

I had a similar problem however inverted my problem it was always open.

I found that the circuit trace was not under the silkscreen mask.

I bring this up because you could have a shorted trace or a solder ball shorting out the two traces. It could be that the end-stop connector has too much solder shorting the pins.
It can be deturmined with a simple visual inspection or a continuity test across the leads.

Looking at your previous post
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING true // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

I question Your Setting on the End-Stops, could you post more information about this.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2019 11:53AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
September 17, 2019 12:25PM
A unplugged endstop is normally setup to be triggered on most printers. Its a safety feature so you know when an endstop is unplugged.

Move the working X endstop cable into the Y endstop plug.

send the printer a M119, does it now say Y its not triggered? If it does your real Y endstop or its cable is broken.
If its still triggered all the time Its probably hardware, a short like above or a dead IO pin..
I am Presuming your using the correct motherboard setting in your configuration.h so the correct IO pin is being looked at,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login