Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

STL problem

Posted by zurferjoe 
STL problem
September 22, 2019 04:51AM
Hi there , Im having problems with my up till now trouble free converting and STL into actual printing the part . I transfer the part to my printer , I use Fusion 360 for the design and convertion to STL . Then it all goes wrong ! I can only print with a part standing up , picture included,and if I lay it down its chaos plus !! Even printing upright is bad ,picture enclosed , the grey one on the left is the disaster and the left green is what I normally print ,I use Simplify 3D as a slicer and its been brilliant ,idiot proof till I turned up !! Can anybody shine some light on this ? I just dont know where to start, hope to hear soon Harry

ps I have run an earlier STL to my printer opened it with Simplify 3D and everything is perfect ! So its coming from the Fusion 360 transferring the program to STL that Ive made in the last 2 days ! .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2019 05:32AM by zurferjoe.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0810.JPG (71.1 KB)
open | download - IMG_0807.JPG (79.4 KB)
open | download - IMG_0812.JPG (30 KB)
open | download - IMG_0813.JPG (25.6 KB)
open | download - grey one .JPG (62.4 KB)
VDX
Re: STL problem
September 22, 2019 05:34AM
... seems, you have contours not clossed and the tesselation of surface areas is bad.

Check all contours, if they're closed ... and try to subdivide and triangulate the surfaces, so it would be more "STL-friendly", before exporting the object ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Re: STL problem
September 22, 2019 09:30AM
Ok thank you , I have made a complete new design and hopefully closed all the doors !! But ofcourse have another problem , I had this before and I think the method I used to get over it did not suit the program , I am trying to put this fillet onto this outer surface with an arc and top Line and then use sweep and profile as seen and then path to follow and then cut ! But as you can see there is no cut ! I have done this before as you can see next to the defect grey part , it worked fine , am I doing something wrong ?Also when I press extrude the body it comes out with a cut even though extrude body is selected ?
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_0822.JPG (64.6 KB)
open | download - IMG_0823.JPG (80.9 KB)
open | download - IMG_0824.JPG (45 KB)
open | download - grey one .JPG (62.4 KB)
open | download - IMG_0818.JPG (51.6 KB)
open | download - IMG_0819.JPG (33.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login