Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BLTouch/Marlin 2.0/SKR 1.3 Probe not triggering. confused smiley

Posted by LalaithNimdae 
BLTouch/Marlin 2.0/SKR 1.3 Probe not triggering. confused smiley
October 02, 2019 05:36PM
Original plea for help -> [www.reddit.com] (pretty much a copy paste from there)

TO BE CLEAR: printing and everything works fine, but bed leveling does not!

I've been struggling to get this BLTouch to work properly for the last few days now and haven't made much progress. I've looked at several youtube videos / set up documents / install guides / and bugs filed on Marlin 2.0 and can't find a solution to my problem.Equipment: Marlin Bugfix 2.0.x | BLTouch 3.0 | SKR 1.3

I still want to use the Z-min pin as the mechanical trigger that came with the CR-10, and want to use the BLTouch on the Z_Max pin. Here is what I have done:

1. Z_MAX_ENDSTOP use is enabled
  2. Quadruple checked the wire pinout to the BLTouch | it is correct!
  3. Enabled 5V mode for BLTouch | Showed no changes in behavior
  4. Tested inverting both the Z_MAX_ENDSTOP and Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP | Showed no changes in behavior
  5. Changing the # of Servo ports and delays | Showed no changes in behavior
  6. Changing the BLTouch port and delays | Showed no changes in behavior
  7. Testing the probe with the LCD Screen. | It deploys and stows properly, self-test cycles forever even when I trigger it. Reset works as expected.
  8. Enabled PIN_DEBUGGING and used M43 S, results were as follows:
    • Send: M43S
    • Recv: Servo probe test
    • Recv: . using index: 0, deploy angle: 10, stow angle: 90
    • Recv: . Probe Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN: 1336 <- This is the wrong pin, I have it set to P1_24 in Configuration.h
    • Recv: . Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING: false <- This is also wrong, I have it at true in Configuration.h
    • Recv: . Check for BLTOUCH
    • Recv: . Deploy & stow 4 times <- This worked fine
    • Recv: ** Please trigger probe within 30 sec ** <- Triggered several times with my finger
    • Recv: FAIL: No trigger detectedRecv: ok

Configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h attached.

Unless the pins are named differently when the firmware boots, it seems to be a bug in Marlin? But wanted confirmation before I submit a report. If you guys have any ideas on how to get it working, please let me know ;-; this is driving me crazy.
For those of you wondering why I want to use both the mechanical endstop and the BLTouch, it's because, if the BLtouch ever stops working the mechanical will prevent the motor driving my nozzle into the bed indefinitely.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (79.8 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (94.2 KB)
Re: BLTouch/Marlin 2.0/SKR 1.3 Probe not triggering. confused smiley
October 05, 2019 10:37AM
No one has any ideas or help to offer? sad smiley
December 16, 2019 04:47PM
connect to your printer through pronterface (on a computer) and try G28 (home all axis) G29 (auto ABL) and see if it starts ABL ... after that M500 and M501 to load the saved settings. Then as a test try M503 to get a ping of your configuration where the mesh data that your probe collected should appear. I am having troubles with this too actually. The printer is going through all the steps and collecting a mesh and everything except that it kind of refuses to use it ... and its under-extruding like crazy. This is the reason why i got the skr board and a new mini bmg extruder in the first place. i need to try swapping the extruder stepper motor, maybe the motor is to blame...
Cheers
July 15, 2020 12:55PM
Did you ever figure this out op I'm having the same issues
July 15, 2020 08:42PM
Issues is skr1.3 has pull up resistors on Z stop inputs, makes probes unreliable.

Only fix is to move to a different pin or unsolder the resistor or get a skr1.4 which has a dedicated probe plug.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login