Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't seem to print in white

Posted by shoutr 
Can't seem to print in white
November 09, 2019 05:19AM
Hello,

I have a Hypercube Evolution, with an E3D V6 hotend in bowden (and the extruder is a metallic version of the CR10).
The prints i make are almost perfect (spent some time tuning the printer), but for some unknown reason every single time i try to print with a white PLA filament, the extruder skips and struggle because the hotend seems to clog.
I tried with 3 different brands, and i tried all ranges of temperatures (from 180 to 240). All the other colors i tested in pla and PETG are working just fine with the base temp.
The print starts normally, but the more it progress the more the extruder skips, and i have to cancel the print after the 3 or 4th layer because no enough/not at all filament is extruded anymore.
I change the filament to another color with the same settings (200°c) and the print goes on for hours without any skipping/clogging problem.
VDX
Re: Can't seem to print in white
November 09, 2019 02:10PM
... maybe 240°C isn't enough?

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
November 11, 2019 12:12PM
I too have problems printing in white PLA. My white PETG is decent.
I have tried white in the following brands:
BamTack
eSun
Hatchbox
A high-end brand whose name escapes me at the moment.
In every case, every other PLA color that I tried worked great. The white blobbed, stalled, occasionally jammed, but never made a good print.

Another Reprapper I know said "its the white" that causes the problems.

I am beginning to think that he is correct.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
November 12, 2019 02:34AM
got a very ok print at 250°c, but that's quite high for pla

Hypercube Evolution, E3D v6 and Duet 2 wifi
VDX
November 12, 2019 03:28PM
... not really - have some white "natural PLA" granules for injection moulding and 260°C temp rating.

Adiitives and dyes can act like "alloying material", which drastically reduce the melting point!

Had some gold-tin microspheres with 80% gold and 20% tin, which meltet the first time at around 350°C ... then the tin evaporated more and more - and the next melts needed ever more temperature, until the original gold melting temp ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login