Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder Motor Error

Posted by daniscre8tve 
Extruder Motor Error
November 12, 2019 06:49PM
Has anyone ever come across this error? My extruder motor just clicks instead of turns. I thought it might be a pressure thing, so I tried to loosen the arm that holds the filament and it still does it. I swapped the motor and which ever motor I connect to it, it does the same thing.
Here is a video of it clicking:
https://youtu.be/fQhKTD2WKak

Any suggestions are welcome!
Thank you!
-Dan
Re: Extruder Motor Error
November 13, 2019 12:54PM
I'm interested in this too, as mine seems to do this after a while as well.
November 13, 2019 01:27PM
daniscre8tve
Has anyone ever come across this error? My extruder motor just clicks instead of turns. I thought it might be a pressure thing, so I tried to loosen the arm that holds the filament and it still does it. I swapped the motor and which ever motor I connect to it, it does the same thing.
Here is a video of it clicking:
https://youtu.be/fQhKTD2WKak

Any suggestions are welcome!
Thank you!
-Dan

I saw this on a new build. There are two types of stepper connectors. The black, skinny kind and the ones that are larger and keyed. The mating male connectors for each of these types have the same .1" spacing, but the pins are a different size. If you plug the black/skinny ones onto a board that has the keyed connectors, you need to be very careful that they connect well. If your board is upside-down in its enclosure you have a very good chance of the connector losing contact with one or more pins, causing this problem.
I have a connector kit for each type and if I see too many problems like this, I re-key to the correct connector type.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
November 14, 2019 04:22PM
I’d say either your 4-wires in the motor connector are in wrong orderor you need to up the stepper driver current.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login