Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E1 Heating failed, printer Halted, please reset? Help

Posted by fierypackman 
E1 Heating failed, printer Halted, please reset? Help
January 22, 2020 04:31PM
Hello everyone I am desperate for your help, ender 3, titan aero, running marlin. Everything fine then my thermostat broke so changed it for a brand new one and fitted a new heating element whilst at it. Try to do a pid auto tune and cannot go above temp 150 before tripping E1 error. The thermostat is showing room temp before heating and the notebook is heating I've attached config h,I have hotend set to 0_5.
Changed a couple of hotends and thermistor now but always getting the same error, totally banging my head against the wall and would really appreciate your time in helping me.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h.zip (23.2 KB)
Re: E1 Heating failed, printer Halted, please reset? Help
January 22, 2020 06:48PM
"fitted a new heating element"
Was is the same wattage and voltage as the original?
January 23, 2020 04:08AM
Yes, all the same even purchased from e3d to be sure. Driving me absolutely nuts.
January 23, 2020 05:27AM
The error is basically saying "I'm applying power and its not getting hot enough quick enough."

Common causes,

Thermistor not making good contact with heater block.
Heating element not firmly attached to control board (loose screws)
and less rare (But I suspect this is your issue)
using wrong heater cartridge (eg a 24v cartridge on a 12v system) (e3d have both...24v and 12v)

Do you still have the old heater cartridge ? Got a multi meter? measure the resistance.
Unplug your new heater cartridge from the controller and measure the resistance of this also.. are they the same?
January 23, 2020 07:11AM
I don't have the old one but I ordered 24v heater element ?
January 23, 2020 07:15AM
Dust
The error is basically saying "I'm applying power and its not getting hot enough quick enough."

Common causes,

Thermistor not making good contact with heater block.
Heating element not firmly attached to control board (loose screws)
and less rare (But I suspect this is your issue)
using wrong heater cartridge (eg a 24v cartridge on a 12v system) (e3d have both...24v and 12v)

Do you still have the old heater cartridge ? Got a multi meter? measure the resistance.
Unplug your new heater cartridge from the controller and measure the resistance of this also.. are they the same?

Unfortunately I threw the old one as it was in knackered, it was a 24v heater element that I ordered and it has writing on it saying it's a 24v??
January 23, 2020 08:30AM
The internet does say the ender 3 power supply is 24v....
Re: E1 Heating failed, printer Halted, please reset? Help(solved)
January 27, 2020 04:47AM
Well after days and days of scratching my head, checking every wire and connection, changing the connectors. And general weeping, I adjusted the heater block on the titan aero as I'd changed brand of printer nozzle, I screwed the printer nozzle flush with the heater block and bang pid tune was fine and no more E1 heater faults.
May 04, 2021 08:50PM
Sorry guys, had the same issue and After I replaced a faulty sensor and it was a “wackler” (a not solide connection) in the joint where i splitted and soldered the replaced sensor, so I wanna encourage you if it happens occasionally it will be probably loose contact somewhere on the way from the mainboard to the sensor. Good luck!drinking smiley
June 27, 2021 01:05PM
SOLVED! Now my nozzle is tightened flush with the heating block, which is only touching the thermistor and heating cartridge, and the finned fan-assisted intake tightened too BUT its lowest fin is NOT TOUCHING the heating block. That was the problem. The fan-cooled intake was cooling the heating block. My printer is an Anet A8.
June 28, 2021 01:47PM
RonArt
SOLVED! Now my nozzle is tightened flush with the heating block

This is not a good idea. There should always be a small gap between the nozzle and the heat block so that the nozzle is tight against the end of the heat break - otherwise you're just asking for plastic to leak down the threads of the nozzle. You need to screw the heat break a little further into the heat block so when the nozzle is tightened it doesn't quite end up flush with the heat block. 0.5mm gap is enough, but there needs to be some gap so you tighten against the heat break properly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login