Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error in printer heating

Posted by pvishalp19 
Error in printer heating
February 19, 2020 11:08AM
Hello sir,
I have build one hypercube printer. I am trying to resolve one issue of hotend and heating bed.

When I try to give print an error comes saying that " heating failed , system stopped, heater id 0 . Printer halted kill() called."
I don't know what's wrong in this?
When I connect extruder and heating bed directly to the 12 volts it's getting heated. But when I connect it to the D10 and D8 there is no heating of nozzel as well as heatbed and above error comes.
I am trying to solve this error since 5-6 days but unable to do so.
Please help me. I will be grateful to you.

Is this error because of thermister? My heatbed thermister shows 26 degree celcius and hotend thermister shows -27 degree celcius when I turn ON the printer. And both readings don't change at all even if I connect to the 12 volts as well. I have also checked the type of thermisters as well and putted into the firmware.

Please help me
Thanks and regards
Re: Error in printer heating
February 20, 2020 04:32AM
well it wont even try to heat if the thermistor is reading -27 degree

firstly check you set the correct motherboard, as this defines what pins it looks at on the controller for the thermisters
Secondly check you plugged it in the correct place on your controller board.

swap the bed and the hotend thermistor cables on the controller. do the temperature reading swap around?

such a low reading is normally indicative of the thermistor not being plugged in or a broken cable.
February 20, 2020 06:40AM
But what about heatbed? It is reading 26 degree celcius but there is no heating when I connect it to the D8. But When I connect it directly to the 12V it gets heat up but thermister reading won't changes,
Please guide me
February 20, 2020 09:21AM
You mention D8, D9 and D10 so i'm going to guess you have a ramps or something very close.

On the ramps is two separate power inputs. The 11amp circuit, and the 5amp circuit.
The 11amp circuit is just for the heated bed. the 5amp is for the everything else.

I would guess you don't have the 11amp circuit connected to 12v

If you have a more modern ramps check the fuses

Also how are you testing? hitting print wont do it, due to hotend issues
You need to send the printer gcode such as M140 S55 to set the heated bed to 55c.. depending on thw quality of your heated bed this could take 15-20 minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2020 09:21AM by Dust.
February 20, 2020 09:18PM
There are 12v connection available in ramps board. When I connect hotend or bed heating connection to that 12v pins , immediately heating starts. But when I connect to d8 and d10, and when I give the gcode command as you mentioned, they won't get heated up.
February 20, 2020 10:06PM
What did you set your MOTHERBOARD to?
February 21, 2020 12:46AM
And please provide pictures that clearly show how you wired the power and the heated bed
February 21, 2020 11:36PM
Now I solve that negative temperature issue. My hotend thermister wires were touching each other. But again problem didnt solved completely.
Bed thermister shows 10 degree celcius but hotend thermister shows 26 degree celcius. Hotend is showing higher reading. What to do in this case?
February 22, 2020 09:24AM
You have to set the correct Thermistor type. Wrong type gives wrong readings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login