Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Regular Pimples on the printing Surface

Posted by koiti 
Regular Pimples on the printing Surface
February 29, 2020 07:15AM
Hello Guys,
I have some Problems with regular pimpels on my surface as you can see on the picture. G-Code is also enclosed

Hard/Software:
- Marlin V1.1.8
- Rambo 1.1
- Repetierserver
- Raspberry
- Simplify

What I have already tried/learned:
- The pimpels are always on exactly the same position
- It seams that the printhead is slowing down before the pimple. I can see and hear it a little bit
- It just happens at a circle and not on straight lines
- I tried it on 2 simular and one different printer Hardware. All the same
- It has nothing todo with the Infill, I also have the Problem, when I Print just 1 Perimeter and no infill
- Speed has no effect on the position of the pimple, just on the look. Tested 50%, 100%, 200%
- Jerk Standard: M205 X10 Y10, tested: X5;Y5, X30;Y30, X60;Y60 no difference
- Extrusion Amount has no effect. Tested 80% 90 % 100% 120%
- Material has no effect. Tested with ABS and Ultem
- One idea was that the firmware doesnt get the G-Code fast enough. So I took my laptop and printed over "good old pronterface". Nothing changed

So at the moment I have no more idea what to test to get closer to the root of the problem. I would be happy if you can give me some hints!

best regards from austria
Markus
Attachments:
open | download - Fusion_Exhaust_duct_viertel.rar (177.1 KB)
open | download - WhatsApp Image 2020-02-29 at 12.56.13.jpeg (86.5 KB)
Re: Regular Pimples on the printing Surface
March 02, 2020 07:27AM
It looks like the top cylinder is OK its just on the taper and larger diameter.
Sorry, i can't go through your Gcode. Have you checked layer by layer to see if its due to slicing. Is the larger diameter actually tapered ?
If its repeatable it does point to something in the code.
Re: Regular Pimples on the printing Surface
March 25, 2020 12:45PM
The G-code preview in Cura shows a single wall, vertical for the lower section then tapering and vertical for the upper section. I can't print it to see what happens on my printer as it is stuck outside the print area and I can't move it back in line.

There doesn't appear to be any reason in the g-code that is causing the bumps... happy to have a go, if you could share the stl and I can slice for my printer size.

Slightly confused by the small square at the top end [Image]... it looks like an additional bit of raft, but then nothing is printed over it...

A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2020 12:46PM by Vidius.
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 17.42.21.png (47.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login