Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EXTRUDER ACTING GOOFY

Posted by BikerJim 
EXTRUDER ACTING GOOFY
March 02, 2020 05:51AM
On my new build, that is - my Mini-Kossel Clone that I had to rework extensively to make it work, at least up to this point.
My extruder seems to work in retraction mode, but runs WAY to long, that is - for a 50 mm retraction, it spins on and on for 25 seconds or so, like a meter. By the way - retractions are the DOWN arrows on Repetier right? On filament feed, it moves sometimes at 1mm moves, and not at all on 10mm or 50mm requests but makes lots of buzzing sounds. Checked pins for good crimps and replaced the driver with same response. I would think that this is a hardware problem except for the immense run on at the 50mm retraction. Need software bugaboo for that to happen I would think - but then again - I'm not sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2020 06:01AM by BikerJim.
Re: EXTRUDER ACTING GOOFY
March 02, 2020 07:51AM
Seems your driving this through Repetier Host not Gcode.
Sorry if this seems obvious.
I can't remember all the options so check your settings in Repetier. Also the arrows can be reversed on the interface so the direction depends on your settings.
If some of the moves are not working it could be driver current settings. I am wondering if you have the speeds set correctly though. I think the units vary across the parameters.

You probably already know that the firmware will prevent feed through the extruder unless its above the minimum set temperature.

The steps per mm would be in the firmware.
Re: EXTRUDER ACTING GOOFY
March 04, 2020 05:44AM
OK, did some more testing. Not hardware; swapped stepper leads with y axis, moving y causes extr. to move correctly in both directions, and moving extr. retract direction OK (but as before with extreme run on) - other direction causes noise, sputtering and lack of any semblance of correct motion. Swapped drivers, RAMPS 1.4, Arduino, everything. monitored STEP pin in driver (O-scope broken but sensed activity with high end multi-meter) regards to run on - brief pulses followed by steady state but stepper runs on for quite some time. BAFFLING.

I'm going to try and load new FW with earlier Marlin version next time I'm at this and see whats what.

Any other suggestions? If I have changed out ALL hardware - must be SW/FW - Right ? Unless I'm missing a jumper I don't know about ... somewhere... or something.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login