Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

V6 Airbrush Nozzle

Posted by Roberts_Clif 
V6 Airbrush Nozzle
April 20, 2020 09:35AM
3D Printer V6 Airbrush Nozzle Adapter Set.

Was looking around the web the other day and ran across these V6 Airbrush Nozzles.
I was hoping to get some more information, has anyone has ever used them, would like any and or all information you can to provide .

The Good
The Bad
And the Ugly.

Thank You.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: V6 Airbrush Nozzle
April 20, 2020 09:38AM
I'm curious, what would be the benefit of using an airbrush nozzle over the e3D nozzle form-factor.
April 20, 2020 02:57PM
That would be some of the information that I am trying to determine.

Though with a smaller tip at .2mm I could print more detail without a larger nozzle.
The larger nozzle tip has a larger area that can melt already printed material thereby distorting the models detail.
My Stock nozzles look like this

The nozzle print diameter .2mm - .5mm looking at the nozzle the flat area by the filament extruder opening is 1.8mm
If you print something closer than .9mm from the last extruded line it will loose detail from being rubbed by the heated nozzle printing the new line...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2020 03:02PM by Roberts_Clif.

April 20, 2020 05:29PM
I think that may only be an issue with certain materials that have a tendency to stick to the nozzle such as PETG. But I'd be interested in getting feedback like you've mentioned.

I recently watched an interesting test done by cnc kitchen on youtube regarding extrusion width: [www.youtube.com]
He also comments on impacts for quality/detail and you see illustrated the potential benefits of the extra surface area around the bore.

As the brass nozzles are relatively inexpensive, couldn't you just file a spare nozzle down to eliminate the flats around the bore and test results that way?

Edit: You made me curious, so I did a little searching and came across this hackaday post about exactly this nozzle setup. [hackaday.com]
and this: [well-engineered.net]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2020 05:46PM by obelisk79.
April 20, 2020 08:40PM
obelisk79
I think that may only be an issue with certain materials that have a tendency to stick to the nozzle such as PETG.

File a spare nozzle down to eliminate the flats around the bore and test

I did a little searching and came across this: [well-engineered.net]

Thank you

Learning more from the information on your post. Will try a spare nozzle filed down to eliminate the flats around the bore and test.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2020 08:42PM by Roberts_Clif.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login