Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Geeetech A10

Posted by giulioR 
Geeetech A10
April 23, 2020 04:54AM
Good morning to all,

I'm Giulio and I'm new of this forum.
I've a Geeetech A10 and since last week I've started to use Cura as a slicer.
I noted a problem when the printing starts, but only if I a print by a SD stick.
When the temperature is reach the extruder move to the 0 on the axis and then, with a quickly movement (on Y and Z axis simultaneously), it move over the printing plane. During this movement the extruder hit very strongly the glass on the plane and I do not know why.
With this kind of problem I really don't know what it's right to do and I can't print anything !!

Hoping someone helps me and thanking you in andvance,
regards,
Re: Geeetech A10
April 23, 2020 09:30AM
Please Post your startup G-Codes for Cura.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
April 23, 2020 12:07PM
Enclosed you can find a screenshot of my "machine settings" on Cura.
Is it what do you need?

Thank you very much !!!
Attachments:
open | download - doc1.docx (110.1 KB)
April 27, 2020 12:17PM
Ok, I changed the slicer, now I'm using PrusaSlicer through Repetier Host and the starting problem was solved!!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I have a question, if I set the Z offset much greater than the original, because I added a glass plate over the original one, why in the starting movement there isn't any offset while during the printing there is?
April 27, 2020 07:54PM
"why in the starting movement there isn't any offset"
Assuming you are referring to the home position, it's because your printer can't apply an offset before it knows where zero or home position is.

It would be best practice to remove your software offsets and make the proper mechanical adjustments to level and set bed height.
VDX
April 28, 2020 02:15AM
... in the configuration is a section for predefining the homing positions, if different from 0,0,0

Or you set if afterward with "G92 Xxxx Yyyy Zzzz" to position xxx,yyy,zzz ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 28, 2020 05:01AM
I badly explained my problema.
When the printing stars the nozze moves to home position, then It goes on the player (without the z offset) and prints a straight line. After that the print starts with the offset that I put. How can I add the z offset also in the preliminary straight line printing?
April 28, 2020 04:44PM
Normal practice is to set the top of the glass below the home position. This prevents the nozzle hitting the surface.
The gap between the glass and the nozzle is the Z offset you put in your slicer.
Search for bed leveling. Many use the paper method.
April 28, 2020 07:15PM
Your explanation is a bit easier to understand but, the answer remains the same. Remove any software Z offsets you have applied and make the proper mechanical adjustments to your tool.

IMHO, there are too many places you can add an offset in software and having them set in multiple locations can create some troublesome issues. You can set offsets in firmware, in startup g cade, on the printer control screen itself (at least mine) and a few places for Z offset and heights in the slicer. When and how these offsets are applied can vary on where the offset is and when that particular software applies it.

If you can not lower the bed enough with the leveling screws after adding the plate, you may need to move the home sensor for the axis a few mm to compensate.
April 30, 2020 06:22PM
Finally I solved the issue thanks to all of you!!
The main problem I had Is about the start, before the printing of the object the extruder moves on the plane then It hits the player. To fix this wrong movement I Highed up the endstop on the z axis and the problem was solved. I write that hoping to be helpful to someone in the future.
Thank you to everyone again smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login