Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Discount smart controller stopped working

Posted by Rajesha9068 
RepRap Discount smart controller stopped working
June 16, 2020 07:14AM
Recently my RepRap controller stopped showing any data when switched on, it appears blank with the backlight. It had been perfectly fine a couple of hours ago. Has anyone encountered this?

I can make the buzzer ring through pronterface but am not getting anything on the display side

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2020 07:49AM by Rajesha9068.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20200616_155537 (1).jpg (677.6 KB)
Re: RepRap Discount smart controller stopped working
June 29, 2020 12:52PM
did ANYTHING change?
If not, the first thing I would do is swap the cables to see if the symptoms change. If it is a bad connection that may fix it temporarily.
The other issue might be the contrast adjustment. Mine was a little flaky and I had to change the pot to a fixed resistor.
June 29, 2020 01:04PM
I actually tried switching the cables, Fiddled with the pots.. nothing. I'm running the printer off my laptop right now.
June 29, 2020 02:19PM
If the pot is open, fiddling with it won't get you anywhere. I can't remember exactly, but I think a short on the pot is max contrast. try shorting it out.
August 18, 2020 05:24PM
I have had two of them fail in the last few years. Usually contrast permanently dims, one just stopped displaying anything.
In the end, I just replaced them. They are cheap, which is probably why they often don't last very long.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login