Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ghosting issues

Posted by Surax 
Ghosting issues
June 29, 2020 03:02AM
Hello, I'm new to 3d printing and I have a lot to learn, so I'm here to ask. I've recently replaced by 8-bit board with a new 32-bit one and changed my stepper drivers with 4 TMC2209 (I use UART communication between them) and I'm having some ghosting issues with prints. Unfortunately, I've already done everything I could to make a more stable frame but the original Anet A6 frame is just some acrylic stuff put together. Some people tells me to increase stepper motor current to make things better, but I don't know if this makes sense, because I have no skipping and everything seems just fine with steppers... I use stock Anet steppers which have a max current of just 1.2A, so I set them in the following way:
X axis -> 500 mA
Y axis -> 600 mA
Z axis -> 550 mA (there are 2 steppers driven by just one TMC2209)
Extruder -> 650 mA (it's a bowden, so I thought to give a little more amps)

Is there someone who can tells me if it's worth to give more current to steppers? I can increase a little because they don't get too hot for now
Re: Ghosting issues
June 29, 2020 07:10AM
What are the speed, acceleration, and jerk settings?

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Re: Ghosting issues
June 29, 2020 08:38AM
Speed 60 mm/s (set from cura)
Acceleration 1000 mm/s (even for retract and movement)

I don't know for Jerk, because in Marlin the classic jerk is disabled and it's enabled the EJerk with a value of 5.0 and a junction deviation of 0.04 (I set according to a configuration for my anet a6)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login