Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sticky Temperatures? unusual problem.

Posted by Alex_1234 
Sticky Temperatures? unusual problem.
July 14, 2020 12:43AM
So, I was 8.5 hours into a print when, to my horror, I see the nozzle air printing and the extruder missing steps. I stop the print and try to wipe off the nozzle with a piece of discarded filament, but it doesn't melt. The temperature still reads 245 but the hotend is significantly colder than it should be. I reset the printer and heat it up again. The temperature seems to stabilize at 245, but then it maxtemps. I push some filament through and it flows out like water.

My printer has also been randomly maxtemping when heating for a week or so now, but I just blamed that on a bad PID before.

It seems my temperature is "sticking" and tricking my printer to heat or cool way more than it should. I have ordered new thermistors and they will arrive in a few days, but I am worried that the problem lies in my motherboard.

I was unable to find anyone else with this problem online. Has anyone hear had this problem?

I am running an Anycubic Kossel with a trigorrila board and standard 100K thermistor. I was printing PETG at the time
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login