Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problems with reprap discount smart controller

Posted by marfin 
problems with reprap discount smart controller
October 08, 2020 11:31AM
So I am building a cnc machine, and I decided to use a ramps 1.4 board with an Arduino mega, and a reprap discount smart controller. But the problem is I have set everything up I upload marlin, it shows the boot screen then the main info page but once I go into the menu and try to move, everything just goes wrong and it freezes, clears the display, or just shows random symbols. I have tried all the different versions of marlin, tried changing the timings and nothing. still the same issue.

once I get to the main menu and try to move, the screen goes blank. If I randomly turn the potentiometer it sometimes just randomly shows another menu but once again I cant do anything.

here are some pictures
[imgur.com]

I have no idea if this is a software or hardware issue, I tried a different Arduino and still got the same issue, so it is not the arduino, but that still leaves the ramps and display.

I have already replaced the electronics once before because they arrived broken but this time they seem to work since it displays information just fine.

Any ideas that lead me in the right direction would be helpful, and maybe if you could tell me if this seems like a hardware issue instead of software that can also help, I just don't really know where to start.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login