Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Compile Fatal Error

Posted by StarkFlyer 
Compile Fatal Error
October 27, 2020 09:04AM
I am trying to compile 2.0.7.1 using Arduino IDE verision 1.8.13 and I get the following error.

In file included from c:\users\richar~1\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_580165\sketch\src\inc\marlinconfig.h:31:0,

from sketch\src\HAL\AVR\HAL.cpp:24:

c:\users\richar~1\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_580165\sketch\src\hal\hal.h:22:10: fatal error: ../shared/Marduino.h: No such file or directory

#include "../shared/Marduino.h"

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Arduino Mega or Mega 2560.

If I look at the source files as downloaded or via the path given by the error message I find the Marduino.h file. What do I need to do to get this to work?
Thanks,
Dick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2020 09:06AM by StarkFlyer.
Re: Compile Fatal Error
October 27, 2020 09:14AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Arduino! I can't help you with the problem, but I can tell you the same type problem is what got me to quit trying to use Arduino/RAMPS about 7 years ago...
Look into Duet or Smoothieboard controllers.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
October 27, 2020 01:09PM
Marlin has grown to the point where it is running into the limitations of Arduino. For that reason it is now highly recommended to switch to VSCode with PlatformIO as a build environment as documented at Install with PlatformIO.

Note that PlatformIO also produces smaller binaries than Arduino which might help fix Marlin on controller boards with less flash.
December 26, 2020 02:52PM
What are you compiling? I had issues compiling Marlin Firmware or my Arduino Mega/Ramps 3D printer until I found an older version of the Arduino IDE. If your source code is older than about 2016, you likely have to go back a few years for your IDE.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login