Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are special marlin 1..1.9 mesh bed leveling g codes required to enable leveling?

Posted by dansawyer 
Are special marlin 1..1.9 mesh bed leveling g codes required to enable leveling?
December 04, 2020 12:50PM
The printer is an Anycubic Mega s with a Trigorilla 1.1v control board. I have successfully uploaded a version of the Marlin 1.1.9 firmware with mesh bed levelng from here: [www.thingiverse.com]. I have inserted a blank SD card in the printer and successfully completed mesh bed leveling, the store of the results into EEPROM appear to be successful.
I am unclear regarding the scope of control managing mesh bed leveling. Is it automatic, i.e. always on or are special G coded required.
If it is not automatic what is the scope of enablling it? Are special G codes required per power on / reset? Or are special G codes required per print to enable it?
If it is on how can it be disabled?
Re: Are special marlin 1..1.9 mesh bed leveling g codes required to enable leveling?
December 04, 2020 02:43PM
In Marlin 1.1.9 BF Enable

#define RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: Are special marlin 1..1.9 mesh bed leveling g codes required to enable leveling?
December 04, 2020 06:00PM
Thank you. I assume tnat is a build options.

The instructions refer to:

"Look for the Z-homing (either just G28 or G28 Z0) command and insert these two right underneath it:

M501
M420 S1 "

I am using cura on stl files, there is no G Code file. Do I need to save the slicing output from cura and then edit the G Code file before printing?

Is there a way to add the above 'initialization' sequence to cura?
December 05, 2020 07:21AM
No M501 the rest is OK.

This is my Startup G-Code I use it on many Slicers, I configured for My 3D Printer It may Not correctly work on yours.
I wanted to give you a sample this was the one I knew worked for me.

;M190 S{print_bed_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own bed temperature line
;M109 S{print_temperature} ;Uncomment to add your own temperature line
G21        ;metric values
G90        ;absolute positioning
M82        ;set extruder to absolute mode
M107       ;start with the fan off
G28 X0 Y0  ;move X/Y to min endstops
G28 Z0     ;move Z to min endstops
G1 Z15.0 F{travel_speed} ;move the platform down 15mm
;Put printing message on LCD screen
M117 My Print...
G28 X0 Y0
G1 E4.0 ;prime extruder
G92 E0 ;reset extruder length
M420 S1   ; Bed Leveling On
M106 P1 S128 ; P1 = 2nd Fan
M220 S46.000000 ;Start Print Speed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2020 07:23AM by Roberts_Clif.

December 05, 2020 03:47PM
Thank you. That is helpful. I am using cura, I have not been able to find an option to include a startup g code string in cura. Does it have such an option? If so do you happen to know where in the configuration menu it is?
December 05, 2020 04:30PM
All version of Cura Have this Option. Will assume a newer version.

Start Cura.
Click on Settings > Printers > Manage Printers
Click on Machine Settings
On the Printer Tab At the bottom of the page are Start G-Code an End G-Code

There is also Extruder Tab At the bottom of the page are Extruder Start G-Code an Extruder End G-Code.
Personally have never used Extruder Tab G-Code if anyone has post information on how to use...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2020 04:37PM by Roberts_Clif.

December 05, 2020 07:40PM
Thank you. I had seen that screen but had not made the connection. I appreciate the help. Dan
December 05, 2020 08:15PM
You are most welcome.
Please continue to visit the forum there is much to learn here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login