Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Look for the best information

Posted by Roberts_Clif 
Look for the best information
December 15, 2020 11:57AM
I am looking for information on the best way to slice and print this model

Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2020 11:59AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: Look for the best information
December 15, 2020 03:38PM
There are far too many practically unprintable objects out there. (It used to be same with programming... every high school kid and lab technician and salesman would create programs that *almost* worked, but were so fundamentally flawed and impenetrable that they were never going to ever work). So, as a general rule, I never print something if the designer doesn't have a photo of the actual printed result. Otherwise you are effectively testing and debugging his design. Unless it's a particularly good design, it is probably easier to design it yourself.

Apologies for the rant.

If you google, you can find many other models of Swamp Thing.
VDX
December 15, 2020 05:13PM
... you can try to separate/cut the figures into better managable chunks, print them and glue/assemble it aftermath ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 15, 2020 05:37PM
frankvdh

Apologies for the rant.

If you google, you can find many other models of Swamp Thing.

You are only confirming what I already knew, I was inquiring for another user on another forum. I tried to find a simple way to 3D Print and could not.

VDX
... you can try to separate/cut the figures into better managable chunks, print them and glue/assemble it aftermath ...

And this is the only way that I came up with.

Thank You both.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login