Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle repeatedly clogging while printing Ninjaflex TPU confused smiley

Posted by Jdo300 
Nozzle repeatedly clogging while printing Ninjaflex TPU confused smiley
December 22, 2020 11:37AM
Hello,

I'm having a problem printing white NinjaFlex TPU on an Airwolf3D AXIOM Dual Direct Drive printer. I am trying to run some test prints of a face mask ear strap but am having problems with the nozzle clogging shortly after the print starts (within the first 5 or so minutes). What happens is the print will start printing the first layer without a problem, but after printing the brim and the outline of the part, the nozzle starts clogging as it prints the infill for the first layer. I used the recommended profile settings on the NinjaTek product page as a guide for the settings and am using Apex (Airwolf3D’s rebranded version of Cura) for the slicer with the standard TPU profile modified with the NinjaTek settings for speeds.

So far, I have tried a deep clean of the nozzle (which was using ABS previously), and tightening the hobbled bolt in the direct drive hoping that would help. I also tried changing the Z offset from the table in case the nozzle was too close or far away from the bed. I have attached an image showing the part I tried to print, and a copy of the profile I used for the test print (you can still view the settings without having Apex). Can anyone give me some advice on what I can do to solve this issue?

Thank you!
Jason O
Attachments:
open | download - Apex TPU Profile.ini (6.1 KB)
open | download - 20201216_103211.jpg (427.6 KB)
Re: Nozzle repeatedly clogging while printing Ninjaflex TPU confused smiley
December 22, 2020 02:21PM
Reduce the drive gear pressure for flexible filaments and try printing in relatively thick layers. print slowly- maybe 30-40 mm/sec. If you have a 0.4 mm nozzle, print in 0.25 or 0.3 mm layers. Print at the upper end of the recommended range for the filament, too.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
December 23, 2020 03:18PM
the_digital_dentist
Reduce the drive gear pressure for flexible filaments and try printing in relatively thick layers. print slowly- maybe 30-40 mm/sec. If you have a 0.4 mm nozzle, print in 0.25 or 0.3 mm layers. Print at the upper end of the recommended range for the filament, too.

Thank you for the suggestions! Quick question, when you mentioned printing at the upper end of the recommended range for the filament, are you referring to speed, temperature, flow-rate, etc. (or all of the above)?

Thanks,
Jason O
December 23, 2020 03:34PM
Ooops. The upper end of the temperature range.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 10, 2021 03:05PM
Make sure to turn off retraction and play with the speed.
My best results are on 15mm/sec but ultimately it depends on the extruder you have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2021 03:05PM by whosrdaddy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login