Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bed temperature is changing randomly

Posted by DEMİR 
Bed temperature is changing randomly
January 02, 2021 06:42PM
While printing the bed temperature is changing like this -3212/55 . If the print time is below 30 minutes, printers stops after print two layers. But longer then 30 minutes, finishing job. I changed bed thermistor but problem still going. There was no problem until upload the Marlin Bugfix 2.0 . I connected BL TOUCH on my printer and its working correctly. I didn't change any PID or temperature settings on Marlin Bugfix 2.0 2-hour print has just been successfully completed. But when i print something for 10 minutes the printer stops working

Printer : My own design COREXY
Firmware : Marlin Bugfix 2.0
Motherboard : MKS Base V1.6
Slicer : Prusa Slicer
Re: Bed temperature is changing randomly
January 02, 2021 08:22PM
Could you post a Image of the LCD controller cables all the way to the controller.
If the can not be inclusive to a single photo diagram route to the controller include distances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2021 08:23PM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
January 03, 2021 04:33AM
LCD cable is 60 cm.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG-2107-min (1).jpg (501.3 KB)
open | download - IMG-2108-min.jpg (460.8 KB)
open | download - IMG-2109-min.jpg (664.3 KB)
January 03, 2021 09:21AM
It could be a defective LCD display, though in my opinion this is not to likely.

When my 3D Printers started experiencing garbage display an some strange infrequent axis movements, I went thru great lengths to discover the problem.
Finally discovered the EMI "Electromagnetic interference" was the cause, solving the problem was quite easy..

Moved the LCD far away from the Controller as possible. This reduced the problem with my controller on front frame.
Solving the Problem was done with using Aluminum Foil Duct tape.

I covered the complete inside of my controller case opening the air vents and grounding the Aluminum Foil Duct tape.
Still experiencing an infrequent EMI problems covering the Ribbon cable with Aluminum Foil Duct tape completely solved the problem.

My suggestion is the line your controller box with Aluminum Foil Duct tape including the inside of the cable Duct run to the LCD,
The Aluminum Foil Duct tape should cover the cable Duct snap groves this will insure that the snap on top is also grounded.

This may include placing a small grounded piece of Aluminum Foil Duct tape between the Stepper motor and LCD ribbon cable.

Anyway this was the solution that solved my problems, hope the information help you.

January 03, 2021 09:59AM
Thanks for your attention and advice. I will try and share information about the result.
January 04, 2021 03:02PM
I tried it and problem still going. I removed lcd and printed with usb cable. The result is same. I printed something for 8 hours yesterday which is compeleted successfully. But for 10 mins print, its stopping working. Its make me crazy angry smiley
January 04, 2021 03:27PM
Have you checked the stepper to see if it is overheating. or do you have a fan cooling the controller.

Is the Z-Axis height in the same neighborhood.

Post your Marlin configuration.h and Configuration_adv.h also post the original config files if you have them.

January 04, 2021 03:52PM
İts always stopping on 3. layer
Yes, i have fan cooling.
Here is the files.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2021 03:55PM by DEMİR.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (94 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (147 KB)
January 04, 2021 08:52PM
sorry but There is no Marlin 2.0.8 download your version of marlin from here

It would be anyone guess to what has been changed in the firmware.
Then using Notepad++ or Winmerge to compare the two files making it easier to duplicate the configuration to a known stable version of marlin...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2021 08:52PM by Roberts_Clif.

January 04, 2021 11:02PM
I had similar symptoms; putting a fan on my ramps and stepper drivers assembly fixed motors giving out during prints. I have also had Garbled display and skipping/shifting layers. Maybe I had interference as well, but haven't had an issue since removing my lcd board. I'll keep the interference in mind when I get to putting it back on.
January 05, 2021 04:05PM
i uploaded marlin old version which is i was using before upload Marlin Bugfix 2.0 and i configured bltouch settings. Now, there is no problem about thermistor, lcd or anything. It seems problem is in Marlin Bugfix 2.0 and Marlin 2.0.7.2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login