Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Loosing reference after any layers

Posted by blkzera 
Loosing reference after any layers
January 17, 2021 08:56AM
Hello, I have a diy corexy printer and im just have an issue printing an object, as you can see on the image below , the printer looks like loose its reference. I supose 3 things to justify this error. First of all I usually print from PC, this time I was printing from SD card, but yea, I already printed from SD card and it was fine. BUT, ive changed 2 things since this print, i turned on DOGM_SD_PERCENT on marlin and after that casually or not sometimes when I started a print from SD the print starts on wrong file or starts skiping lines in the gcode, onces i started a print and the printer skiped G28 and G29 and start to print but like i said i dont know if it is coincidence because usually I print from PC and the second thing that a changed it is the skew compesation, ive turned it on and after that a printed from PC and it was fine. Can be a marlin's bug or maybe my SD card is with any problem?

best regards
Re: Loosing reference after any layers
January 17, 2021 09:08AM
This is a classic case of layer shifting.

Here is a list of a few causes.

1. smooth rod not clean and lubricated with a non-sticky lubricant.
2. linear bearing do not have a smooth min to max travel an are binding causing layer shifting.
3. stepper v-ref current not adjusted correctly allowing missed steps

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
January 17, 2021 09:51AM
Roberts_Clif
This is a classic case of layer shifting.

Here is a list of a few causes.

1. smooth rod not clean and lubricated with a non-sticky lubricant.
2. linear bearing do not have a smooth min to max travel an are binding causing layer shifting.
3. stepper v-ref current not adjusted correctly allowing missed steps

Hi and thanks for the answer Vref im using 70% of the max current, and the axis are traveling smooth, its the first print with this problem, theres any possibility of being the SD card?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2021 09:52AM by blkzera.
January 17, 2021 10:35AM
I have never experienced this problem where the SD card was the problem.

Have used the wrong lubrication that was very sticky and caused layer shifting.
Have misaligned the Smooth rods where they were binding and caused a worse layer shifting.
Have had layer shifting when the Belts were rubbing the belt holders.
Have had the V-Ref to low an to high this cause layer shifting.

If these are not the problem then maybe someone else can post there possible solutions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2021 10:36AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
January 17, 2021 11:17AM
The shifting appears to be at a 45/135 degree angle. A corexy mechanism moves that way when one motor is not turning and the other is. I'd inspect motor cables and connectors and make sure the motor driver chips aren't overheating.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
January 18, 2021 09:58AM
the_digital_dentist
The shifting appears to be at a 45/135 degree angle. A corexy mechanism moves that way when one motor is not turning and the other is. I'd inspect motor cables and connectors and make sure the motor driver chips aren't overheating.

Thanks for the answer, I'll check the cables...
January 18, 2021 11:39AM
I think it's more likely the driver chips overheating, especially if the controller has those crappy little modules that can't dissipate any heat. If the cable went intermittent, it would probably destroy the driver very quickly.

Do you have steel core belts on the XY mechanism?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2021 11:40AM by the_digital_dentist.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
March 01, 2021 12:01PM
Never happened again, i think it was the cable, thanks for the help.

best regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login