Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ender 3 bed leveling

Posted by johanf82 
Ender 3 bed leveling
January 25, 2021 01:48PM
I have a Creality Ender 3 for like 6 months now. I can't seem to fix the leveling. When all 4 corners are the same, the middle of the bed is never correct. Usually the height between the nozzel and the bed is to much then the corners. I can't seem to fix it and most things suggested on the internet are not working for me. So what I do is heat the bed to 50 degrees celcius, disable the steppers and put everything in home. Then I get a piece of paper and move it between the bed and the nozzle. The paper should have a little friction, but it is hard to tell how much. Explaining a feeling doesn't work through the internet.

The things I tried:
  • Heating the bed and tried leveling it
  • Replace the default bed with a glass one
  • Checked every bold and screw
  • Added pieces of paper in the middle to get it higher... But doesn't that interfere with the temperature?

I don't think the bed is wrong, but I cannot be certain. It is getting frustrating since I heard and see all these people printing cool stuff and telling everyone how easy the Ender 3 is....

Who has some suggestions to try?
Re: Ender 3 bed leveling
January 26, 2021 08:44AM
Check the 2 Y guide rails are at the same height.
Pick one to adjust and adjust one end up or down to match the SLOPE of the other.
Idealy they should be square to the Z axis but bed leveling is specificaly related to rail to rail alignment.
Sorry I cant provide a good proceedure for adjusting it.
Re: Ender 3 bed leveling
January 26, 2021 01:34PM
You might find some useful concepts here: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login