Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trouble with nozzle switch retraction settings in Cura 4.8

Posted by Jdo300 
Trouble with nozzle switch retraction settings in Cura 4.8
March 23, 2021 07:33AM
Does anyone know if there is a Cura setting to force the second nozzle to un-retract filament AFTER it is over the wipe tower and not before?

I'm doing a dual material print with PC+HIPS (using the HIPS as support) and whenever the nozzles switch, it first un-retracts the filament back into the nozzle (which results in some filament coming out onto my part) BEFORE it travels over to the wipe tower to prime the nozzle. This seems like a simple fix but I'm not sure what Cura settings to change to correct it.... Any ideas? NOTE: I'm using Cura 4.8.0

Here's a short video showing the problem in action happening:
[www.youtube.com]

Also, here's a copy of the current profile I'm using which is giving the problem. So far, I tried increasing and decreasing the retraction speed, lowering the temperature for the HIPS from 240 to 230, and also adjusting the retraction distance for the dual nozzle switch amount. The Nozzle with the Polycarb doesn't seem to have this issue, only the HIPS filament. Also, this only seems to happen when it is switching nozzles and not when it is retracting while printing the part.

NOTE: I'm running this print on my Airwolf3D AXIOM Dual Direct Drive printer. Any help/tips/ideas appreciated!

Thanks!

Jason O
Attachments:
open | download - PC+HIPS Standard Profile.curaprofile (3.3 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login