Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skirt, perimeters and infill are printing apart from each other confused smiley

Posted by sanio1205 
Skirt, perimeters and infill are printing apart from each other confused smiley
March 23, 2021 02:02PM
I'm in a process of building my first RepRap and this is one of the key problems i have.

Every part of first layer looks more or less fine but just in a totally wrong position. Next layers is much worse - next perimeter is spreading all around the bed. In this particular case i forgot to change speed of the other layers in slicer and it just created a blob.

I'm printing with Repetier Firmware 0.92.9 and Pronterface, Slic3r 1.1.7.

My startup G-code is:
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle
G0 X160 Y70 F500 ; go to print center, the same coords are set in slicer
G28 Z ; home Z

Also i sent my firmware in archive.

I'm trying to solve it for 2 weeks already and i have no idea what can cause this problem and i am really tired angry smiley

Thanks in advance to everyone who will make suggestions to solve this problem!
Attachments:
open | download - Repetier.zip (441.8 KB)
Re: Skirt, perimeters and infill are printing apart from each other confused smiley
March 23, 2021 04:17PM
Have you looked at the gcode? Maybe it is setting the origin at several places in the print.

Post your gcode here and I'll see what happens when I print it. If the gcode is not at fault then you'll know to look at the firmware or slicer.

(You could update your Slic3R to the current version 1.3, but I doubt that Slic3R is the cause of your problem.)
Re: Skirt, perimeters and infill are printing apart from each other confused smiley
March 23, 2021 04:41PM
Here it is, just a cube from Thingiverse. But i don't really think that g-code is a problem, otherwise it maybe would already look like a mess in a Pronterface's 3d-preview
Attachments:
open | download - xyzCalibration_cube.zip (83.2 KB)
March 23, 2021 05:33PM
OK, the gcode looks good to me in Simplify3D but I cannot print it as my print bed is only 120mm wide and deep (Voron V0).

I looked at the gcode and there does not seem to be any errant G91 or the like, but I have trouble lining up the G1 moves with the picture of the print. Is the print oriented in the picture like it was on the bed?

The print doesn't look square in the picture, but the Gcode is square. Do you have different steps per mm on your x and y axes? That might give you a clue as to what is going on.
March 23, 2021 05:39PM
Could the problem be a slipping belt (or pulley) during fast moves? If so then printing at a slow rate would reduce or eliminate the problem.
March 24, 2021 05:42AM
IT WORKS!

So solution really was that simple. I changed the speed in slicer to 15 mm/s and set speed multiplier to 50% using M220, just in case. Also i lowered steps/mm on X axis, gonna recalibrate it today.

And big thanks to you for helping me out, MJLew! smileys with beer
Attachments:
open | download - photo_2021-03-24_11-34-02.jpg (118.6 KB)
March 24, 2021 05:55AM
Very glad to hear it!

The next step is to find out why you get problems when you print faster. (50% of 15mm/s is very slow...). Maybe check that the pulleys on the motor shafts are firmly secured. Make sure the grubscrews are tight against the shaft flat (assuming you have a flat on the shaft). Many of us use thread locker on the grubscrews. Anyway, it's good that you'r printing!
May 03, 2021 12:06PM
What kind of stepper drivers do you have? It sounds and looks like not enough current to them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login