Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3d printer homing issue

Posted by pvishup19 
3d printer homing issue
April 07, 2021 10:42AM
1) I am using hypercube 3d printer, BTT SKR V1.4 motherboard along with A4988 stepper driver and nema 17 motors.
For sensors , I am using optical endstops for x and y axis, proximity sensor in z axis.
I have not enabled sensorless homing in my Marlin configuration. Still printer homes at imaginary points and it is not stopping whenever printer hits the sensors.

2) I am using reprap discount full graphics controller display along with 140mb sd card in BTT SKR V1.4 motherboard. But still whenever I try to give print of big size e.g. more than 10cm through Pronterface, my part does not load fully. It loads half and gives me error related to not enough memory.

What could be the reason for these both issues ? Kindly help me in this issue.
Re: 3d printer homing issue
April 08, 2021 01:36AM
Is there anyone? Kindly address my issue. Waiting for your response.

Thank you.
April 09, 2021 04:19AM
test your end stops are working.

with no endstops triggered send the Machine a M119
It should report all end stops OPEN

place a piece of cardboard (dont use plastic, some passes IR while are not see through to us) in the endstop slot. Send another M119
the endstop you are testing should say triggered.
Test all endstops.

the second question is to vague, need actual error message.
April 10, 2021 12:56AM
1 ) Yes I tested my endstops using M119 and they are working properly.
a) when they are not triggered all endstops shows "OPEN" status
b) when I triggered manually by inserting object into optical endstops and proximity sensor they shows "TRIGGERED" status. But even if they are in triggered mode, my nozzle moves and it is not stopping.

2) Regarding my second issue , please find the attached snap. My object is around 12 cm high and 17 cm wide.
But in Pronterface it is not getting fully loaded and gives me memory error : "cannot allocate memory for array"

Kindly give me suggestions for these issues.

Thank you
April 10, 2021 04:10AM
I would enable ENDSTOP_NOISE_THRESHOLD as I suspect your getting nose on the endstops wires

The proterface error is just to do with rendering the model, it doesn't stop or interfere with the print.
But with such large prints why arent you using a sdcard?
April 10, 2021 07:43AM
Dust
I would enable ENDSTOP_NOISE_THRESHOLD as I suspect your getting nose on the endstops wires

I have a simple filament run-out switch, so if I have a false filament run-out sense happening ever so seldom then it could be because of noise.
And it is then possible the ENDSTOP_NOISE_THRESHOLD could help eliminate the false filament run-out detection?

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
April 10, 2021 10:13AM
I didn't understand your response regarding endstops.
Problem is not related to , endstops are not getting triggered while homing.

Actually, When my object hits the endstops while homing, even then my headbed don't stops.

Is this related to ENDSTOP_NOISE_THRESHOLD ?
April 11, 2021 08:01AM
Should have mentioned that the Run-out switch is connected to end-stop Z-Max by duplicating pins from Z-max to filament run-out in marlin.
Knowing this thought that ENDSTOP_NOISE_THRESHOLD may be my solution for false filament run-out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2021 08:09AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login