Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues with the extruder

Posted by MikeCL 
Issues with the extruder
September 21, 2021 04:27PM
So my extruder has been clicking.. I was wondering what was going on the first layer was ok then second layer it was under-extruding like crazy I tried everything.. replaced the nozzle the boden tube and all.. so one day I was like I leveled my bed over 5 times so I lowered the bed enough so the nozzle was printing in the air and to my surprise the extruder was still clicking as if it was too close to the bed... this has just started so I'm not sure if it's an issue where my volage to the stepper is too low? I'm using TMC2208 drivers.

I figured I would ask here first before I go adjusting it because I just don't get this.. I never had this issue before.

Oh yeah I was printing at 50 mm/s and 220c

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2021 04:29PM by MikeCL.
VDX
Re: Issues with the extruder
September 21, 2021 04:46PM
... "clicking" is mostly the motor stalling - so could be not enough current/torque or the filament not melting fast enough.

You can try with rising the temperature (faster melting, less feeding resistance) or the motor current (higher torque) - but check the motor temp, so it won't overheat ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 21, 2021 05:03PM
I print at 219 I went all the way to 230 and it still did it.. the motor does not get hot at all not even warm.. I wonder if I need to raise the voltage when I upgraded the drivers the only one where I did not change the voltage was the extruder.
VDX
September 21, 2021 05:50PM
... higher voltage will only give higher dynamics (faster acceleration) - to rise the torque you have to rise the current ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
September 21, 2021 07:14PM
OK I think I might of fixed it.. ever seen a 0.4 mm nozzle be the wrong size? I looked at the brass and the steel one side by side that's when I get curious.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login