Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

heater comes on during firmware upload

Posted by bushpig7 
heater comes on during firmware upload
February 19, 2022 08:13PM
hello
This is my first time posting on this forum....hoping someone with more knowledge than me can help. I am building a large printer (320x320x330). i have been using a atmega 2560 and ramps 1.4 while waiting for a 32bit arduino due and smartramps. I am using drv8825 drivers. i had reasonable success with the 8bit controller but wanted the 32bit due so when it arrived i installed it right away.....here is the problem i am having.....the due often doesn't boot with power-on but hangs in some form of partial boot state causing a lit but blank screen on the display. This can be fixed with a reset that causes the card to boot properly. When firmware is uploaded the display shows the same lit but blank screen. This is just an annoying glitch that I would easily deal with but there is a second, more serious symptom that concerns me. Whenever the lit but blank screen is happening, my heater for the hotend gets stuck on full power. Within 30 sec if i don't catch it my hotend begins to smoke and I'm stuck cleaning another clogged nozzle and filament throat. I am worried that should there ever be a power failure while printing, a fire could start if the electronics should go into the partial-boot state unnoticed. i am using the programming port on the due and i suspect the partial boot state is part of the 1200baud programming mode....

Anyone know why my hotend gets turned on in this scenario?

I would expect everything to be off until marlin firmware takes over but this doesn't seem to be the case.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login