Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nasa Wrench

Posted by Roberts_Clif 
Nasa Wrench
March 06, 2022 06:53PM
To whom it may concern:

Have 3D Printed many Nasa Wrenches using .4 nozzle with Marlin firmware. Do not know how or when but this ability is now gone.

Have Upgraded most Marlin 1.x.x versions and still was able to print the Nase Wrench G-Code from September 16, 2018 and October 25, 2020 both have work successfully sense there creations.
Should Note that currently using Marlin 2.0.9.3 firmware an as atated do not know when I lost the ability to print these already created G-Code files.

Have even Sliced new G-Code using a smaller 0.3 nozzle without success, created the File with the First Cura 15.04.6 thru the Newest Cura 4.12.1 plus Prusaslicer 2.4.0.
Ten prints without a single working Nasa Wrench, Now this is crazy I have never had this many failures with a model on my 3D Printers.

Even reverted to my last version of marlin that am almost positive printed a working Nasa Wrench have printed three or more on each of my three 3D Printers still no working Nasa Wrench.

Could use some help where do I go next.

This one below was printed in November 2017, Wow I just realized have been 3D Printing for Six years

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2022 08:47AM by Roberts_Clif.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Re: Nasa Wrench
March 07, 2022 04:04PM
Finally got one to click,I reverted back to Marlin 1.1.9BF however the pin holding the ratchet locking finger (whatever it is called) is frozen top and bottom.
This was sliced using Prusaslicer 2.4.0 with 0.3mm nozzle using 0.2 layer thickness with PLA @ 196C.

This is still not working as designed and has a very loud click when turning 1/4 shank an harder to turn than the other Nasa wrenches printed.

VIdeo

Used an knife to try to free the mechanism not much difference.

Will try again with a .4mm nozzle an original G-Code from September 16, 2018.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2022 05:59PM by Roberts_Clif.

March 14, 2022 09:02PM
have u tried the pound shop for a metal one smiling smiley
March 15, 2022 07:32AM
No.

Posted On Prusa Printers and they created me a .3mf version of the Nasa wrench which is so much easier to print.

March 17, 2022 04:04PM
Snap em up while they are cheap, wont be long before we see the end of pound shops,
do these printed ones have inbuilt torque protection, ie it breaks

Nasa should have done a flying saucer, planetary version, that would be cool.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login