Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

'skirt' feature

Posted by fma 
fma
'skirt' feature
December 08, 2011 07:22AM
Slic3r first moves down the hot-end to the first layer Z value, then moves to the XY location. I think it would be better to first move to XY location, *then* to go down to the first laye Z valuer. This will avoid the little blob in the middle of the print area...

Frédéric
Re: 'skirt' feature
December 08, 2011 11:15AM
Don't you home before printing? Is your home point in the middle of the print bed?

I always home (G28) before printing, so the Z move happens with the extruder at position 0,0.
fma
December 08, 2011 01:07PM
Yes, my homing position is in the center of the print bed. This is easier to check if the object fits (I only have a small hot-bed, for now).

Frédéric
December 08, 2011 06:28PM
I also have my home in the center.

Also G28 is not a homing code but the early RepRap firmware improperly implemented it as homing and sprinter, marlin etc have continued doing it wrong. Teacup is the only firmware for RepRap that I know of that implemented the code correctley.

G28 is supposed to return to the reference point not find home. Find home is supposed to be G161 and G162.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
fma
December 09, 2011 01:46AM
I think G28 is OK. The problem is about vocabulary: home # reference...

Frédéric
December 09, 2011 04:32AM
If you home to the center point and your extruder oozes too much, you can add a custom command to your start gcode procedure to move to another point so that the Z change doesn't happen in the center. For example:
G1 X0 Y0

This will move to 0,0. Z change will happen there.
fma
December 09, 2011 07:09AM
Ah, yes, good idea!

Thanks.

Frédéric
December 10, 2011 04:33PM
Sublime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also G28 is not a homing code but the early RepRap
> firmware improperly implemented it as homing and
> sprinter, marlin etc have continued doing it
> wrong. Teacup is the only firmware for RepRap that
> I know of that implemented the code correctley.

G28 now causes teacup to home, so as to be compatible with other firmwares and hostwares

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login