Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Starter problem or beginner questions

Posted by dogi 
Starter problem or beginner questions
December 11, 2011 03:08PM
I use Slic3r since a week and I am impressed with the prints!
Now I have some problems that I need your help.
All my prints are larger than in SF(Skeinforge). Outer edges are 0.5 mm thick and the diameter is smaller up to 1mm at 8mm!

extgearLspring: [www.thingiverse.com]
Problem: Outer diameter is 0,5mm langer und diameter 0,8mm smaller, filament strings in the gear gaps!
Hollow_Pyramid_short: [www.thingiverse.com]
Problem: langer then in Skeinforge und filament strings
Testprint: same problem

How can I improve my prints?
Hint: stl files are fixed (cloud.netfabb.com)
Attachments:
open | download - extgearLspring_p1.jpg (544.6 KB)
open | download - extgearLspring_p2.jpg (547.2 KB)
open | download - Hollow_Pyramid_short-p1.jpg (501.7 KB)
open | download - Hollow_Pyramid_short-p2.jpg (513 KB)
open | download - Testprint.jpg (545.1 KB)
open | download - settings.txt (1.8 KB)
Re: Starter problem or beginner questions
December 12, 2011 01:10PM
That is a known regression bug in 0.5.5b. It's already fixed in git, and I plan to release a new version soon.
December 12, 2011 02:43PM
Thanks for the speedy answer and for the great job.
maybe I overlooked the bug! Then I will download the github version and curious to the new prints und looking forward to the new version.
Until the next problem
Hello, I was wondering if it´s possible to use Slic3r to my Rapman3.1? Did try it but when I try to open the Gcode in the BfB Axon software to preview the print I only get "'G1' is not a valid floating point value"

I menaged to get ok settings with the BfB Axon tool for my prints, but I'm not quite satisfied with the result so I wanted to try your program.

/Henrik
January 10, 2012 04:16PM
@Henrik, I know very little about BfB software. I believe you can use Slic3r G-code on it, with minor changes. But, really, I can't help there. If you find something on the net about using Skeinforge G-code on BfB, you can probably do the same for Slic3r G-code.
January 10, 2012 05:07PM
Hi dogi,
sadly your calibration seems off.
You are overextruding in slic3r and underextruding in SF.
Slic3r defaults should give you perfect prints, the reason you seem to get bigger parts is that actually you could have msicalibrated E-steps in FW.
In SF you get too few plastic most probably because you are overcompensating with the settings.
The prints you are getting in SF have too few plastic. The infill doesnt touch the perimeter and perimeter lines barely touch each other where they should have a healthy overlap.
You could load SFACT and try the calibration steps with the single wall object. If you get a value quite off 1 (more than +-0.3) You should recalibrate E-steps.)

If you think that a third Slicer in house is a bad idea You still can try to print the single wall calibration piece. and measure the thickness that comes out. It should have the correct width you had specified in SF.

Manufacturer of low tolerance Filaments PLA, ABS, ASA, PETG, TPU, PA, PVA,
[www.miafilament.com]
[github.com]
January 11, 2012 05:22PM
Hi ahmetcemturan, thanks for the anser.
I don't agree with calibration. E-steps in FW are well calibrated and will checked frequently.
It will extruded 50mm filament when I extrude 50mm!
I agree with overextruding in slic3r and underextruding in Skeinforge fot the parts on the pictures.
But now I have about the same amount (filament) for the same parts.
Be sure, I have printed amount of single-wall parts to get the best settings for me at
Skeinforge. I have used your SFACT for short time and fallowed of course the calibration instruction and changed again without a reason to SF. I should give your SFACT a chance next timesmiling smiley.
Anyway i am looking forward to the next version of slic3r with fixed some known issues..
Attachments:
open | download - extgearLspring_p3.jpg.jpg (500.2 KB)
open | download - extgearLspring_p4.jpg.jpg (529 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login