Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r 0.5.6

Posted by fma 
fma
Slic3r 0.5.6
December 17, 2011 04:50AM
Hello,

I tried the new release of Slic3r, yesterday night, and found that the solid infill is not as good as before: there is too much gap between filaments, leading to a very sparse surface. It seems to be worse when the infill direction is not 0 degrees...

Frédéric
Re: Slic3r 0.5.6
December 19, 2011 10:43AM
I think I'm seeing the same problem with V0.5.6 -But I have perfect solid fill layers but the walls around parts are showing a gap between filaments. You can make the gaps less by saying your nozzle is smaller than it really is, but that's not a great fix and does not solve the problem as it's just fudging the amount of plastic it's laying down.

It's almost as if the program is compensating for incorrect extruder calibration, but My extruder is spot-on and it's leaving gaps.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
December 19, 2011 11:23AM
Yes, 0.5.6 has poor overlap. I'm shortly releasing 0.5.7 which includes many improvements for solid surfaces.
fma
December 19, 2011 01:50PM
Ok, thanks!

Frédéric
December 19, 2011 02:27PM
I agree. I am having a harder time getting a base layer infill to stick, perimeter seems fine though. I've adjusted speed, temperature, and filament width and haven't had much luck. Previous releases I've done well with 187 deg 2.8 width. I'm using ultimachine 3mm pla (measured to 2.81mm) printing on blue tape. Another thing I've noticed is on prints that narrow towards the top (christmas trees) the speed is usually too fast to allow for cooling. I'd rather not have to sacrifice speed when only the last 5% needs to slow down.
December 19, 2011 05:28PM
@ Sound - Cool! Slic3r is really great by the way, thanks for all the hard work, it's seriously appreciated.

[richrap.blogspot.com]
December 19, 2011 06:06PM
Thank you for the nice words, @richrap! I've been a follower of your blog for long time smiling smiley
December 20, 2011 06:45PM
Sound: Two things I just caught myself pining for.

1) I would love it if there was a notes section somewhere. I have a few profiles kicking around, and I would love to be able to tell them apart at a glace w/o comparing settings.

2) is there any chance we can get a dialog box asking for the filename for the gcode? Once again, I'm comparing different settings, so I have to export it and then change it in the finder.

Thanks a lot, I can't wait for 0.5.7!
December 21, 2011 04:25AM
Hello tinyenormous,

the notes field is a great idea. I entered it in the GitHub issue tracker as [github.com]
The dialog box for the gcode filename is already entered as [github.com]

They will be available soon, hopefully. Thank you for the input!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login