Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problems with object

Posted by srepmub 
problems with object
February 08, 2012 12:11PM
hi all,

I'm having trouble printing attached object (a small key to let the air out of a radiator). Slic3r runs into trouble in the top part of the object, but in different ways (I tried several different settings). sometimes the sphere is broken, sometimes it seems to skip a few layers during printing, but it always seems to slice the top part incorrectly (too small). this is my first design using openscad, hopefully I'm not doing anything stupid.

thanks for Slic3r, it looks very promising!
mark dufour.
Attachments:
open | download - radair.scad (925 bytes)
Re: problems with object
February 08, 2012 12:15PM
oh, I just found out about the gcode visualization in repetier, wow! I will try to add a screenshot.

mark.
February 08, 2012 12:38PM
alright, visualized the gcode that gave me problems, and it looks fine with repetier.... are there known issues with teacup perhaps..?

mark.
February 09, 2012 06:28AM
May be affected by the layer height - I get the following issues with a 0.3mm layer height, lack of fill between walls, and a missing layer

Whereas with 0.4mm, there is fill between the square and circular cross-sections, and the completely missing layer in the 0.3 one is properly there in the 0.4

Attachments:
open | download - key1.jpg (69.7 KB)
open | download - key2.jpg (49.1 KB)
February 21, 2012 10:59AM
thanks!

in the meantime, alessandro suggested trying slic3r git, as he made some major changes in the slicing algorithm for 0.6.1. I tried this as, and got my first successful print, at 0.4 mm. will try 0.3 mm later, but it's looking good so far.

well, it doesn't fit my radiator, and the handles break off while turning, but that should be easy to fix.. ;-)
February 21, 2012 11:01AM
I forgot to say that I didn't see any problems anymore, except for a new problem perhaps (slic3r seems to sometimes forgot to retract now?), but I reported that to alessandro.
February 21, 2012 12:29PM
hmm no at 3mm it seems we're still missing the infill in the top part..
February 21, 2012 03:58PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login