Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Missing layers

Posted by Sublime 
Missing layers
February 09, 2012 12:51AM
I have been getting strange results with a few of my files. They are clean and manifolded (have run through netfabb to confirm)

It seems to create solid surfaces and then skip a layer create solid surfaces and then keep going until around another twenty layers where it does it again and on and on. I have looked inside the models and there are no extra layers or mystery surfaces. I have tried creating the part differently but always get similar results (Skeinforge slices it fine).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2012 05:03AM by Sublime.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Re: Missing layers
February 09, 2012 05:06AM
I have managed to get the file to slice well finally after 50 or so revisions. But it still has issues with some of the thin parts (0.5mm wall) as well as not allowing me to rotate it while slicing. No matter what angle you set it at it is always oriented the same way.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Attachments:
open | download - Part and config.tar.gz (328.2 KB)
Re: Missing layers
February 09, 2012 05:12AM
If you run the previous file through cloud.netfabb.com it says 0 holes and 2 shells before fixing and 0 holes and 1 shell after fixing. But then it causes the issues I mentioned in the first post.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login