Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why do I get manifold errors on common part?

Posted by mydogjustice 
Why do I get manifold errors on common part?
March 15, 2012 05:54PM
I'm trying to print [www.thingiverse.com] extruder. (groove mount) I've done the gears no problem and I'm slicing at the recommended .25 layer height with a .35 nozzle. I dont want to waste the time and filament to find out there really is a problem. I know plenty of people are printing it without any problems, I just cant firgure out what I'm missing? Or do I just say screw it and print it?

Thanks!

JW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2012 05:55PM by mydogjustice.

Josh

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
//Prusa / RAMPS_1.4 & ATMega_2560 / Slic3r > Pronterface > Marlin / Luck
If you load the object into cad and zoom arround I bet you find a small hole somewhere in the object. Just use [cloud.netfabb.com] upload object, download repaired object takes like 5 mins works great.
Re: Why do I get manifold errors on common part?
March 15, 2012 07:54PM
Well. I figured out where the hole was. I just decided to give it a print. Got a small hole in the shell and it skipped some of the infill in that area as well. At some point the layers picked up and I managed to get through the print. And then it looks like I missed a step or two in the Y axis, so it shifted maybe a mill. Oh, and then I think I printed the wrong model for my hot end.

I cant win with this one tonite! Oh well, only 20 minutes left...I'm just gonna let it finish.

JW

Josh

//Prusa / RAMPS_1.4 & ATMega_2560 / Slic3r > Pronterface > Marlin / Luck
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login