Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my Slic3r 0.7.2b findings , errors, may be helpful to developters (and me...)

Posted by Andke 
my Slic3r 0.7.2b findings , errors, may be helpful to developters (and me...)
April 26, 2012 05:51PM
First, : thank you.
It did the job much faster than sfact (using pronterface) - also, worked very well with default values.
Only changes I made was temperature 185 (PLA) and max speed wherever it was 60 - changed to 40mm/s (it just felt a bit too fast)

-I downloded this STL: [www.thingiverse.com]
-processed it using [cloud.netfabb.com]
-Slic3d it - and printed. (see attached gcode)

Please observe few "errors"
1.- One of the thinner walls is not printed at all.
2.- All the thin walls are missing connection to the rest of the object, and are barely hanging there.

I hope this helps you to improve this great tool.
Please feel free to suggest what can be done to improve the overhanging print. (I have no airflow over the printed structure, there's a fan blowing on upper part of hot end only. , and the bed is 60degree for first layer, then 50)
Attachments:
open | download - 20120426_231505-1.jpg (19.2 KB)
open | download - 20120426_231416.jpg (88.6 KB)
open | download - Calibration block,walls,overhang, bridge-fixed.gcode.zip (77.6 KB)
Re: my Slic3r 0.7.2b findings , errors, may be helpful to developters (and me...)
April 27, 2012 05:09AM
I believe thin (less than 2 extrusions wide ?) walls are still a (known) problem for Slic3r.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Re: my Slic3r 0.7.2b findings , errors, may be helpful to developters (and me...)
May 05, 2012 12:21PM
Thank you for reporting. Thin walls are currently coming out broken in many cases, and this is the next major issue I'll be working on (right after the upcoming release). I linked to this thread from the issue tracker, so I'll check your test object too.
May 15, 2012 08:59AM
I have another issue: the latest release still prints the perimeters around holes in the wrong order, beginning from the one furthest away from the infill. This isn't usually a problem, but with overhangs sometimes results in threads getting dropped off the edge of the hole.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login