Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bridging Issue with Current Slic3r

Posted by bmsweb 
Bridging Issue with Current Slic3r
May 16, 2012 07:00PM
I'll try my best to explain this but I've printed the same parts before but recently recreated the GCode using the Current version of Slic3r. Interestingly what it seems to be doing is do the 1 line at one end of the bridge then another at the other end, then it tries to fill the bridge by joining the two lines in the opposite direction as such it fails. I know it used to do the first layer of the bridge in one direction and now its only doing the ends and then trying to fill it in which isn't going to work with two thin strands of plastic.

Any thoughts?
Re: Bridging Issue with Current Slic3r
May 16, 2012 07:02PM
Sounds like a bug. There was a similar bug a few versions back and the easiest work around was to rotate the model in slic3r so it calculates the bridges differently.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 16, 2012 07:37PM
I've gone back to V7.0 Its a pain because I only discovered the problem on a Print that was pretty high and used 12meters of plastic!
May 16, 2012 10:50PM
Can confirm that V7.0 does the bridge differently to the Current version. I ended up going back to V7.0 for this particular GCode and it did the trick.
June 06, 2012 10:04AM
I'm sure Sound would appreciate a git bisect on this issue since you've found a way to reproduce it smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------
Wooden Mendel
Teacup Firmware
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login