Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slic3r slices a mirror image of my cad drawings

Posted by GITRDUN 
slic3r slices a mirror image of my cad drawings
May 17, 2012 09:08AM
Any ideas what is causing this. If i slice an .stl that i download from the internet it runs fine, if i create a model myself and slice it then it prints a mirror image. I am using Bobcad for model creation. The only way i found to correct it is to create my model and then mirror image the model in bobcad before i slice it.
Re: slic3r slices a mirror image of my cad drawings
May 17, 2012 02:50PM
Sounds like your coordinates are set incorrectly in BOBcad. RepRap expects Z+ to be up X+ to be to the right and Y+ to be away from you.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
June 03, 2012 12:33AM
I'm wondering if your printer is set up with one axis backwards. Find a model on thingiverse with text (the LasVegas sign comes to mind), slice it and view the sliced model in pronterface. Is it reversed? Print it. Is it reversed?
November 05, 2012 11:33AM
reversed motors leads and endstop during machine construction?
November 11, 2012 03:34AM
OP posted "If i slice an .stl that i download from the internet it runs fine" so if this is correct then it's not motor wires, or the printer axis setup wrong.

I would vote for what Sublime said. BOBcad must use a reversed coordinate system.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login