Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

trying to print a T800 and it's not going well!

Posted by MotoBarsteward 
trying to print a T800 and it's not going well!
July 15, 2012 11:29AM
Found this on thingyverse and got all excited about printing it.

Realising that it needs support, I turned on that option leaving the parameters at their defaults.

I've attached my slicer config.

The slice progresses through to "generating support material..." where it sits for a very long time until it runs out of memory.

Is this a bug or a configuration issue? Can I configure the perl environment to use more memory as there is much more available for it to use?

My signature, below, describes my versions etc.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
Attachments:
open | download - T800 084.ini (2.3 KB)
Re: trying to print a T800 and it's not going well!
July 15, 2012 02:06PM
In the advanced tab you can increase the threads which increases the memory usage. But you could just download the one with support added and not use Slic3r's support. I have never used auto generated support for anything because adding it manually you never end up with support where it is impossible to remove (like around the wires on the side of his head).

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
July 15, 2012 03:29PM
Where can I find the one with support already added?

Sublime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the advanced tab you can increase the threads
> which increases the memory usage. But you could
> just download the one with support added and not
> use Slic3r's support. I have never used auto
> generated support for anything because adding it
> manually you never end up with support where it is
> impossible to remove (like around the wires on the
> side of his head).

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
July 16, 2012 01:40AM
which software do you use to add the support to a so big stl file ? I can't import it in sketchup

thank you
July 16, 2012 02:53AM
@MotoBastard

Attached to the original on thingiverse in the derivatives section [www.thingiverse.com]

@ jf pion

I did not add the support on this one but I have resized and manipulated it in Blender along with other files with millions of polygons.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login