Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r 9.2 first layer bug

Posted by stoof 
Slic3r 9.2 first layer bug
September 20, 2012 12:54AM
I've recently switched over to 9.2 and love many things about it. Now that the first layer extrusion ratio can be set, I have been printing straight to glass without any problems at all. (I think its a new feature)

One bug is about to make me switch back to a previous version until it is resolved. I have noticed that the second layer of all my prints are far too high from the first layer and is causing the extrusion to print into air.

My print settings with a 0.35mm nozzel were 0.25mm layers with a 0.25mm first layer.

I checked out the G-code and found that the first layer is trying to print at Z 0.00 and the second layer is printing at Z 0.50. This must be a bug with some part of Slic3r. My prints are also coming out about 0.4mm taller than they should be...

Seems like the first layer should be printing at 0.25mm and is not.

In previous version I liked that I could zero my nozzle so that its touching the bed, then starting the print would raise the nozzle to the correct first layer height. Hope this issue gets fixed soon!

Edit: realized my first layer setting was 0.25 and not 0.35 as stated before

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2012 01:24AM by stoof.
Re: Slic3r 9.2 first layer bug
September 20, 2012 01:20PM
I might be completely wrong about this but I remember reading something here in the forums about this.. don't ask me where.. I think it had something to do with "Z lift" setting causing it. I don't use lift so I haven't noticed it myself. good luck
Re: Slic3r 9.2 first layer bug
September 20, 2012 04:29PM
6of1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I might be completely wrong about this but I
> remember reading something here in the forums
> about this.. don't ask me where.. I think it had
> something to do with "Z lift" setting causing it.
> I don't use lift so I haven't noticed it myself.
> good luck

It is a well known bug that either sets the first layer at 0 and the second layer at the correct height which is now the first layer height plus the second (too far from 0 since the first layer should have been higher) OR it sets the first layer at layer height plus Z-height and the second layer at the correct layer height which is too low.

Only use 0.7.2 if you want accurate prints that represent the model being sliced. If you do not mind the model being reshaped and resized you can use the newer ones.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login