Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

does negative z move work?

Posted by rogerw 
does negative z move work?
November 27, 2012 07:52PM
hello all,
i am setting the Z move/offset (can't remember what is called) field in scli3r to move in the z dir
my z stop is a little high and my prints are falling off so
i have set tis field to -0.1, -0.2, -0.3 and -0.4.
im not sure i am seeing any difference in the print.
does this Z move working the negative direction?
don't want to do too big a move in case i crash into the bed.
regards,
Roger.
ps. it says in the fly over help that you can do a negative value

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2012 07:59PM by rogerw.

Prusa 'Explorer' (3dStuffMaker), GEN6, J-head Mk III-B, Bowden Extruder, Marlin 1.0.0 RC2, Repitier-Host V0.84 and Slic3r 0.9.8, PLA. Live at Victoria, Australia.
Re: does negative z move work?
November 27, 2012 08:00PM
maybe i have typed -0.01, -0.02, etc - better check when i get home

Prusa 'Explorer' (3dStuffMaker), GEN6, J-head Mk III-B, Bowden Extruder, Marlin 1.0.0 RC2, Repitier-Host V0.84 and Slic3r 0.9.8, PLA. Live at Victoria, Australia.
Re: does negative z move work?
November 27, 2012 09:47PM
Only if you have software endstops disabled which is dangerous unless you like things crashing and breaking. You will have to use g92 Z-0.2 in the start gcode instead so it thinks it is 0.2mm above the bed and goes down when it starts to print. They implemented the G92 way it in Slic3r for two days before ONE person complained and they reverted it to the old way that requires you to turn off the software endstops. That was the last time I wasted my time with Slic3r and moved onto Kisslicer (which has the same problem but NONE of the rest of the problems and prints so much nicer).

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login