Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone getting consistent good prints with 8.2 yet?

Posted by GITRDUN 
Anyone getting consistent good prints with 8.2 yet?
June 09, 2012 02:47PM
I am running 7.1 as its the only version i can find thus far that gives excellent print results without major modifications to the slic3r settings. I love the features in 8.2 but i gave up when i could not get good prints from it. To many bugs that i couldnt sort out.

Here is my 7.1 slic3r settings that work excellent. But the same settings in 8.2 wont even make it past the first layer or two before the print fails from to much filament being extruded.
Filament is PLA.

nozzle dia = .35
filament dia = 1.75
extrusion multiplyer = .9
temp =165c
first layer temp = 180c

perimeters = 80mm/s
small perim = 60
infill = 80mm
solid infill = 80
bridges = 25
rapid speeds = 100mm/sec

layer height = .2
perimeter = 3
solid layers = 3
fill density = .2

retraction = 1. mm
retract speed = 7mm/sec

These same settings in 8.2 work nothing like the previous versions. Can anyone look at these settings and tell me what needs to be tweaked to get the same results in 8.2? I switched filament at the same time i downloaded 8.2 and spent a week thinking my filament was the problem before i switched back to the older version and imediately the print quality was back to where it should be.
Re: Anyone getting consistent good prints with 8.2 yet?
June 09, 2012 03:46PM
I would be interested in seeing pictures of the prints.
I've only run a couple of models through 8.2, but didn't have issues.
I'm still using 7.2 mostly because repetier host hasn't been updated yet and it's convenient.
June 09, 2012 04:04PM
The problem seems to have to do with the extrusion rate for me. No matter what i did i couldnt get it to extrude consistently. It would blob down huge amounts of filament on the solid fill but would not touch the perimeters on the fill. Just couldnt get it tweaked and not sure why i should have had to tweak anything in the first place. I checked my extruders e steps multiple times just to rule it out.
June 10, 2012 10:39AM
Well i guess i am due some crow pie. I plugged my settings into v8.2 and ran a couple prints and it looks good. Not perfect but not bad at all. Heck i dont know whats going on, ive experimented with so many things the last couple weeks its hard to tell what i did wrong.
June 10, 2012 12:00PM
It's working fine for me, so far.

Are you sure your filament is 1.75mm? I have yet to get filament that is exactly on spec, it's always been slightly larger.
June 10, 2012 02:25PM
Apparently the new GUI uses different settings from the ini file than the old one and some of the old settings can cause issues when being imported. It may be better to just enter all the settings new and create a new config file for 0.8.2

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login