Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slic3r crashing during any interesting shape slice

Posted by imagineerdan 
Slic3r crashing during any interesting shape slice
December 11, 2012 07:57PM
I have had success with slic3r working and creating gcode for basic things but when I try to slice anything organic and a little bit ciomplex it crashes. It is driving me crazy. ReplicatorG isnt crashing when slicing the same file. I am using the latest verion on slic3r with the Makergear M2 settings. Is there some setting I can adjust in the programs to succeed in creating gcode? thanks
Attachments:
open | download - M2General091.ini (2.1 KB)
Re: Slic3r crashing during any interesting shape slice
December 13, 2012 06:01PM
It's possible the stl file has some issues that Slic3r does not like. Upload the object so we can see.
December 13, 2012 07:35PM
Thanks soo much for your help. I used the below file, I simplified it in meshlab to make it less complex and it still crashes. It seems to not like these compound curve shapes?

[www.thingiverse.com]
December 13, 2012 10:39PM
What is the nature of the "crash"? Is it an out of memory failure, or what? I've had problems slicing large, organic shapes. The problem has been an "out of memory".
December 15, 2012 03:42AM
Wow, that thing has over 600,000 faces. I would also guess it's a memory issue.
December 30, 2012 08:11PM
I am having a similar issue, although on much simpler shapes than the one above. My computer should have plenty of RAM to handle this stuff but slic3r just says that it crashed and then closes itself. I uploaded a screenshot of slic3r trying to slice this kotchflake vase [www.thingiverse.com].

This has happened on almost any semi-complex shape that I am trying to slice. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - slic3r_error.jpg (194 KB)
June 27, 2013 06:15AM
Slic3r crashes when I try to print this: [www.thingiverse.com]

That Batman bust is a need... not a want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login