Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

From Slic3r to pronterface

Posted by Vancoillie 
From Slic3r to pronterface
September 16, 2013 05:05PM
Hi everybody

i have a software question that includes Slic3r and pronterface, or actually g-code and pronterface i think.
When i load a stl-file into the pronterface, then my printing works perfect.
But when i produce a g-code in Slic3r, and then load it into pronterface and then try to print it,
there just comes:

T:187.08 E:0 B:78.6
T:187.92 E:0 B:78.8
T:188.75 E:0 B:78.8
T:189.19 E:0 B:78.9
T:189.58 E:0 B:79.1
T:190.00 E:0 B:79.1
T:190.09 E:0 B:79.2
T:190.34 E:0 B:79.3
T:190.20 E:0 B:79.4

So no pre-movement of my carrage, and no printing.
The nozzle just keeps cooling off.
What wrong here, please help, because now i can only print with the basic settings...

Vancoillie
Re: From Slic3r to pronterface
September 16, 2013 10:08PM
Those temps look like they're going up not down (which is ok if its below set temp)! When the correct temp is reached, then the machine will spring into life.
Anyway, when you slice, independent of pronterface....
Have you checked that the same config file is being loaded in Slic3r when you slice manually?

September 17, 2013 01:19AM
Yes. What waitiki said is very important. When you use slic3r in interactive mode, it loads in the these latest config files you were using (1 for print settings, 1 for printer settings, and 1 - or perhaps 2 or 3 - for filament settings. It remembers from the last time you were in the program.

When you use it from within pronterface, you must specify a config file that is totally different from the above files. All settings are contained in a single file. You have to specify this file in your pronterface configuration, and if you change any settings from within slic3r, you need to save this file by exporting - not saving. If you do not specify a config file in your pronterface configuration, slic3r will ( in my experience) slice with default settings that are most likely not what you want.
September 17, 2013 02:34AM
Thanks for your reaction.
The problem is that when i load an stl file directly into pronterface, the carriage goes immediatly to it's home position, and then, when the nozzle is warm enough, starts printing.
And when i load a g-code, than the carriage simply does nothing, and when the nozzle get's to the wright temp. then it just cools off again...
September 17, 2013 04:58PM
Let's see the first 100 or so lines of your gcode that you load directly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login