Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

exported STLs no good

Posted by jimdaug 
exported STLs no good
February 08, 2014 02:23AM
I'm printing a set of PrusaI2 parts for a friend and when I try to export a .STL of a platter of multiple parts I can't re open the file. My windows STL viewer reports the file as having the wrong size when I try to open it for a quick look. I'm on Windows 7 x64 if that makes a difference. Slicer 1.0.0RC1

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 02:25AM by jimdaug.
Re: exported STLs no good
February 08, 2014 05:02PM
Try switching Slic3r to the ..RC2 version. If you're using the x64 version, try x86.
February 09, 2014 12:04AM
I tried RC2, same result. I tried the 0.9.9 version and that was able to export a valid stl. It's an extra step, but it works I guess.
February 09, 2014 01:36AM
I noticed one time I had a non manifold file that kept shutting down Slic3r. But it was always able to open again. I fixed the file and everything worked like it should. It may have been overloaded with errors.
February 13, 2014 12:26AM
It's not a matter of manifold or not. They're the source STLs from Prusa's Git hub. Slic3r is outputting a corrupted .STL file when I try to output a platter of multiple parts. NetFabb won't even open it.
February 13, 2014 02:48PM
This also happens to me. I'm using RC2 and was splitting a STL that was too large for my build plate. I was unable to open the exported STL's that slic3r exported.
February 13, 2014 06:10PM
Try combining them all in Blender. There are basic directions on Youtube that you can follow. Or upload the parts and I can combine them for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login