Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange Pulley with slic3r

Posted by Carignan 
Strange Pulley with slic3r
July 01, 2012 04:17PM
Is there any reason why i got unusable pulley with slic3r? There is an hollow section between the shaft hole and the tooth wall, so my pulleys are weak.

I'm using Gen7 1.4, teacup and poronterface with the latest slic3r 0.8.4. I got the same result with 0.8.3 and 0.7.1.29

The model
[github.com]
Attachments:
open | download - Pulley.jpg (72.7 KB)
Re: Strange Pulley with slic3r
July 01, 2012 04:46PM
You need to print them on their own and use 100% infill. That was how I did mine. If you are using PLA, you will need a fan or air flow after the first layer.

Using ABSPrusa Mendel Zaphod with Pronterface and slic3r 1.3.0. Printing well with 3mm PLA and ABS through 2 x J Head Mk IV b and Wade Geared Exruders. Controlled using RAMPS1.4 board running Marlin_v1.1.9
July 01, 2012 05:53PM
The wall thickness is too wide for slic3r to get any infil in there.
Assuming you have sensible infill settings (100%).
You have a couple of options,
Set the wall thickness to be more narrow, this is the setting most Slic3r users leave at 0 to have it automatically calculated.
Lying about your nozzle size will do much the same thing.
July 01, 2012 08:44PM
is wall tickness == "Printer settings Tab"."Printer Settings Section"."Perimeters value" in slic3r configuration tool?

settings this one to zero was a bit stange because it print no wall at all
July 02, 2012 01:43AM
I don't have a copy of Slic3r here I can look at, but it's not the perimeter setting, I think it's called extrusion_width_ratio, it's the raio of extrusion width to layer height, so if you're printing 0.3mm layers 2.0 would be 0.6 mm width.
July 03, 2012 02:14PM
Strange, i don't see this option in slic3r 0.8.4!!!! Did the name or the concept changed recently?
July 03, 2012 09:06PM
it's in the advanced tab extrusion section

there is an open issue about an automatic adaption of the width to avoid the hollow wall. for the moment you have to go with the width of print by tweaking it and try till you got the print right
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login